The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Except Jim Benning was the one who knew this and then went ahead and signed Micheal Ferland anyway just for him to be as useful as a retired Luongo.

We can hate the league for a lot of things, but this recapture is not one of them.

That is the issue with the recapture, the league is punishing a gm who had literally nothing to do with the contract they’re punishing...

• Cheers 1

I'm gonna be the contrarian here, I love the effort level of Hoglander but he's been a little out of his depth the last few games. He's got the tools to eventually figure it out but he's been skating into dead ends and trying to force passes to the wrong people at the wrong times. I will admit its pretty tough for a rookie to get thrown onto the shutdown line on the road to start his career though.

4 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

He’s right about that

in fact, here’s how much some of them are paid:

Tyler Myers - 6M - Jekyll and Hyde
Loui Eriksson - 6M - SOFT
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M - SOFT
Michael Ferland - 3.5M - Has played 3 mins as a Canuck
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M - INEFFECTIVE PEST
Jay Beagle - 3M - SOFT
Jordie Benn - 2M 
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

the actual guys on our roster making big bucks don't contribute any offence or provide and grit. 

• Huggy Bear 2

28 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Rousell would be  next up in that spot...

Gaudette or bring in Bailey or one of the other taxi guys. This crew needs to see some movement in the lineup to show that there are other guys who will take their spots. 

Even Motte could slide up. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

That is the issue with the recapture, the league is punishing a gm who had literally nothing to do with the contract they’re punishing...

3M out of 81M that the GM can't use.

Wow, what an unfair playing field.  Let's boycott the NHL and start our own league.

• Wat 1

Just now, Trebreh said:

the actual guys on our roster making big bucks don't contribute any offence or provide and grit. 

Which ones? These ones?

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

•  
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

There’s an awful lot of money tied up on players that could be replaced with cheaper options,  Look at roussel as a prime example ...what does he do? 

These contracts prevented them from keeping key players and or bolstering the lineup with impact players so we aren’t hanging our hopes around 2 -3 players necks every night.  If Petey and or Hughes have a bad stretch of games can this team win? 

specialty teams look awful or inept.. if it continues coaches need to be held accountable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I think Green deserves some slack right now but I would start with the assistants (except for Clark)..

That first PP looked like a top 3 in the NHL. Otherwise, this game stunk.

Jake off a Flame and Myers SH are not the two goal types you want to hear. 

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good point !  Although, Bo was mentored by the Sedins who are great Pros but this team needs a new culture and the captain should reflect this - perhaps Miller who came from Tampa and is very familiar to there team culture.  

I’d love to see Schmidt grow into one of the culture setters here too. If he can do for us a fraction of what he did with the Vegas culture, we’re golden.