The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

The PP that made them 0-15 on the season completely changed the game. The second period up until then was whatever...no team had a distinct advantage. Then the PP happened, probably the worst one so far which is saying something considering they’re 0-16...didn’t set up once...struggled to do anything and ever since then they just seemed to stop caring. First two flames goals almost all the skaters were gliding watching the puck. 

How often do you hear that getting a good kill, or a good PP results in swinging the momentum the other way? That’s what happened, only to an unfathomable extreme. JFC Christ man, in the THIRTY MINUTE span, 30!!!!! From the very start of the second to the first 10 of the third, they had FIVE SHOTS. They were getting stick checked so easily anytime they had the puck in the neutral zone or offensive zone. Calgary literally just took it away every single time. Anytime it was 50/50 or a battle, write it off, lost the vast majority of them. 

How do you come out like it’s Game 7 OT in the first period then just....not care..absolutely brutal. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

At least Edmonton is bad too

I’d rather be bad and at least have some consistent highlight reels from McDavid, then what we are having to witness.

That’s it for me for night.  Here is hoping there is some serious sole searching to be had before the next game.  Night all.

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Also our PK is terrible.  Although not surprising given how much we rely on Beagle and Sutter.

Even if our PK was running around 60% we’d be close to winning...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Caboose said:

Tell that to all the footballers being retroactively charged with tax evasion in Spain.

I don’t know the details on that one, but I can assure you that new laws can not be enforced on things that occurred prior to that law coming into effect. 

Perhaps the law was already no place and they are being charged now? Statute of limitations often doesn’t start until the officer becomes aware which can be Years  later 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Anyone have the #'s on what our bottom 6/depth players make???

I can't remember

And it makes such a difference what they make too when... who else is there?

Oh right, our top 6 players aren't doing jack **** either. Salary is not the issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, b3. said:

We aren’t losing because of goaltending...

We take a thousand penalties and has numerous turnovers, failed clears and breakdowns.

Our PP is 0% and we can’t generate offense.

Holtby and Demko aren’t the issue ffs.

Yeah very undisciplined and uninspired hockey right now for the Canucks.   

1 minute ago, Patrick Kane said:

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

How does a NHL GM do this?

Ferland is injured.

Luongo is not his fault.

I would honestly say Eriksson, and Sutter were bad moves. 

Myers is overpaid, but at least shows up unlike Eriksson. 

Maybe he just needs to offer shorter terms for vets. Something he's done with Hamonic. 

Benn I was not happy about as a depth D-man.

But unlike a lot of Vancouver GM's JB can at least draft decent players. 

I think the coaching staff is the issue here. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, brownky said:

So how about now. Still gotta wait and see? Or... we gotta keep failing this experiment?

Based on science we need 30 games....

Based on the eye test we'll be eliminated by then.

I don't think they are that bad. They'll bust out. Just not sure they are that good either.