The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petey’s slump. How many more games?

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

I am concerned right now because he is not even getting chances and when it looks like he might have one, he flubs it or his hands look like they are made of stone. Tonight he was a -2. It wouldn’t concern me if he was getting a ton of chances but right now he looks tired and it looks like he is handling grenades and rocks out there. I am worried right now. One thing he did do right was he went to the net and created a screen. So that was great.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Wat 6
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He will figure it out. 

His skating is there. 

He's just not thinking two steps ahead like before.

He needs to channel his Asgardian powers.

"Whomever holds this hammer/hockey stick, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor!"

I wouldn’t say his skating is there at all. He has looked tired and slow. It’s part of the problem right now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

He just needs to be a little selfish and just start shooting again. I think he's trying to do a little too much out there, extra dangle, holds on to the puck a little too long. He has the best shot on this team he needs to use it more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am concerned right now because he is not even getting chances and when it looks like he might have one, he flubs it or his hands look like they are made of stone. Tonight he was a -2. It wouldn’t concern me if he was getting a ton of chances but right now he looks tired and it looks like he is handling grenades and rocks out there. I am worried right now. One thing he did do right was he went to the net and created a screen. So that was great.

Those -2 aren't his fault. Defence was poor and goaltending was sub-par.

The teams are checking him hard, on the PP, they are blocking passing and shooting lanes from Petey. That opened up down low plays, so I'd say just let it be. His presence alone has a positive effect on our offence.

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You fit in well on this board. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh run for the mountains....... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 

• Upvote 1

Bure had slumps too.   As did every HHOFer with the exception of Mario, Orr and Gretzky...well they did too...once or twice.   All it takes is a couple three point games (not hard for EP...how many five point games did he have his rookie year again?  Was it 2 or 3?) and he’s right back to a PGP guy.    The only thing that could go wrong for him now is if the coach loses confidence in him - and from what I’ve seen from TG and the way he allows his players to work through their crap to get it back online - it won’t ever happen with Green at least.

He’s the reason Pearson found his game again, and possibly why he’s still even in the league the way things were going before we traded for him (from Tanners own mouth)....EP didn’t get on the scoreboard again, but he easily could have picked up a third assist - bad luck for him I guess.   

Oh and to answer your question - zero.  These sort of threads don’t usually age well.   Thanks for adding that little bit of CDC Karma, and doing your part by taking one for the team. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I'd be more concerned about Hughes' defence

• Upvote 1