The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Relax, he's only 22 and is in just his third year in the league. The first 2 years he was here there were no real roster changes and now it is his first time having to deal with the business side of the game. It takes a little getting used too, he is already adapting and will be just fine.

Remember when Bure went 11 games without scoring a goal?

No, I don't either

• Wat 1

15 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

This is what drives me crazy is that veteran always gets a much longer leash. Schaller kept getting ice time with us on the 4th line from time to time last season and yet it only took 4 games after the trade for the Kings to waive him. The Kings waived him. The Kings, a much shallower in terms of team depth waived him after 4 games.

What does Schaller have to do with our vets? Who the hell else is going to play in our bottom 6?

Please don't tell me you want a bunch of rookies and no one that can win a face off?

Pray tell who you think should play on the 4th line?

1 hour ago, brownky said:

Covid is JB's fault. Polio was JB's fault. Bubonic Plague was JB's Fault. Alexandre Daigle was JB's fault.

You need to get with the program here, everything is JB's fault, until the next GM when everything JB did was also the next guy's fault too.

Don't forget Green and the assistants :picard:

31 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

This is what drives me crazy is that veteran always gets a much longer leash. Schaller kept getting ice time with us on the 4th line from time to time last season and yet it only took 4 games after the trade for the Kings to waive him. The Kings waived him. The Kings, a much shallower in terms of team depth waived him after 4 games.

I assume it must have something to do with special teams. Our PK took a significant hit in this offseason losing Tanev, Marky, and, to a lesser extent, Toffoli. Even Fantenberg ate up some PK time.

With our PK being atrocious to start, Green must like that Roussel has more experience on that front. I don't necessarily like the decision. But I doubt it comes down to "veteran vs young kid"

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

What does Schaller have to do with our vets? Who the hell else is going to play in our bottom 6?

Please don't tell me you want a bunch of rookies and no one that can win a face off?

Pray tell who you think should play on the 4th line?

I think the point is Rooster is making no impact. Doesn’t take draws, is not hitting, scoring, or bringing much in energy - maybe some pk prowess in killing penalties. @AbrasiveAjax essentially what I would love is Green to play people who bring it. Gaud arguably plays hard every shift- hits, has points, and looks involved. Schaller and those of his “veteran” ilk just coast IMO. 

Edited by Wayne Jetski
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Remember when Bure went 11 games without scoring a goal?

No, I don't either

Umm, did I miss something? When did Pettersson go 11 games without a goal?

Edit: I found it. Way back in his rookie year

Edit 2: Bure had a stetch of 3 goals in 23 games in his rookie year. And in 94-95 went 10 games without a goal.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
Additional content
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Hi all, first time poster here.. currently in Seattle but decided to dip into the NHL fan base and get excited for our own team! Learning hockey through Canucks!

Welcome to the board. It's going to be exciting to have Seattle join the league.

If you need any help learning about the ignore function on this site, just let me know - I am a pro....