The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

if we had somehow kept Markstrom and Tanev and gave them what Calgary gave them. then probably in a few years everyone would be blaming JB for signing them for long contracts. lets face it , last season Tanev played without an injury which was about time since almost every year he got injured. as for Marky, he he could only play so many games in a row and then he was tired and then he played awful or he got injured, look at the playoffs , he got injured and Demko took over, he was the best goalie in the nhl. many on here wanted Markstrom gone because of that. give Demko a chance! and the team

I agree that long term this was the best call - hopefully this was rock bottom and we start heading back in the right direction starting tonight!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah, not much in the way of top end talent, but that forward group is deep. Galchenyuk ans Stepan on the 4th line is something

I'm surprised Brannstrom has not been able to make the jump full-time yet.  He would add top end offensive talent to their D corps but I suspect it's his D play that is keeping him from making the jump.

1 hour ago, Wayne Jetski said:

I think the point is Rooster is making no impact. Doesn’t take draws, is not hitting, scoring, or bringing much in energy - maybe some pk prowess in killing penalties. @AbrasiveAjax essentially what I would love is Green to play people who bring it. Gaud arguably plays hard every shift- hits, has points, and looks involved. Schaller and those of his “veteran” ilk just coast IMO. 

I don't buy into what your suggesting 100% but i hear you. But play who? 

Unfortunately we don't have allot of options.  

Untill our prospects develop, or we make a trade, right now he have veterns in the bottom 6.

Personally IMHO, i dont see the coasting from them that you implied. 

Sutter, Beagle, Rooster, Motte all seem to give their best, their best...........

As per Gaud, he needs to play and build his defensive game

Go canucks go