The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Green has lost his crutches:

ie. Malholtra, decent to strong goaltending, career years for the stars, Miller, EP, Hughes, and Bo. 

A steady Tanev.

All he needs is Brown and Baumer to run impotent pp/pk and non-existent defence.

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

I mean, the anti-Benning crowd was pretty quiet during the playoffs too.  That’s kind of how it goes.  

If I’m ownership I don’t dare fire Benning until after the season.  This market just wants to make every win or loss a debate about his job security despite this being much more of an on ice issue than personnel one.  People were calling for a plateau or a slight regression, not this implosion.  Removing Benning shifts the focus back on to the players and that’s the last thing this locker room needs right now. 

But if you wait until the offseason, you would be risking Benning making panic moves to save his own ass. See Chiarelli before getting canned in Edmonton. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

With every game a 4pt game, they can still do it. Not with the garbage performance like today. But you saw them play well vs Jets. They have the personnel. The D and goalie has to be on. 

Yup, it can happen just as solar and lunar eclipses occur with regularity

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Really could use a guy like Ferlund at this time, This team is soft as tissue.

The only time Ferlund stepped up, was in a meaningless scrap in a meaningless game against LA, where he got his bell rung, and he has never been the same ever since. I feel bad for the guy,  but Benning signed a guy with known concussion issues, at the same time he was burying Baer for the same reasons.  Ferlund is just another one of a long line of cap boat anchors, compliments of Benning.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

if the coach tells them what to do and they don't do it whos fault is it

He seems to be very stubborn, and doesn't evolve with the game.  When you are losing this bad, 5 games in a row now, one would think you might try tinkering with the defence and not just the forwards. He just keeps trying to force good things with the D. and it is not going well.

Just now, pluralsight said:

But if you wait until the offseason, you would be risking Benning making panic moves to save his own ass. See Chiarelli before getting canned in Edmonton. 

Maybe but I think this year that’s a lot harder to do anyways with the quarantine and everything.  

Ownership has to sign off on trades, too.  With the way things are going we might even be sellers.

Sutter, Pearson, Edler and Benn would all have value. 

• Thanks 1