The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

at least there was some effort there - about 2 minutes of bad play cost them the game.  Plus for all the zone time I don't think they got an SOG in the last 2 minutes :mad:

Nobody moves his feet except for Hoglander, and our passes are at half the speed of the leafs' in all 3 zones. You can't blink, but that's exactly what they did in those 11 seconds to put that 40 minutes of decent effort into big nothing.

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

On radio they're talking about how mad the players were about Markstrom, Toffoli and Tanev.

Time to move on - if this true - and it is time for the team (especially, the veterans) to be welcoming and giving the new players a chance cause at those prices & terms it was the right decision long term..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

Yes because players always say these kind of things to the media. 

If not than it is just hersey by the talking heads.

If they are mad and throwing a temper tantrum than trade the whole lot of them for whatever you can cause you ain't winning anything with these crybabies. When I say everyone, I mean everyone (ok minus Hog, he is still innocent). 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't understand why OJ wasn't used on the PK. I get that they only had 2 PPs but Edler doesn't need to be out there almost the entire 2 PKs 3:35 PK time that game.

It's not that Edler's bad but that we shouldn't rely on him as much when OJ's proven capable. Remember OJ had 8:46 of PK time that one game vs MTL when Edler got hurt early and he was never once scored on during that. MTL went 1/9 that game.

We want to maintain longevity with such a condensed schedule.

Sign of desperate coaching staff.

Developing player and having patient only works when your job is not on the line. 

The coaches know they are on the hot seat and hence, going back to familiar faces and overworking the same players over and over again rather than sending out less reliable rookie (although OJ is indeed reliable).

The only weakness in OJ's game that I have found thus far is that he has trouble defending the rush against fast forwards. Otherwise, he looks like a solid player.

• Cheers 1