Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

As far as "deserved that" - that was a totally freak accident with everyone jumping on Bert's back and then falling on the clown. 

If the coward would have just manned up, like so many have pointed out, it wouldn't have escalated like it did.

 

He's is an absolute plug that shouldn't be targeting the oppositions best players. 

 

He definitely deserved a real gud beating though. 

 

 

That's what I was referencing.

 

"Getting Bertuzzi'd" means getting hammered in the head with a fist. Not the dog pile

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

It makes sense. Everything is all about him. He's a dirty, selfish player. Glad we have OJ instead.

No kidding.  He is showing great. Just a late bloomer. In a couple years he will be a solid top 4 dman in this league

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We don't mention Jeff Brown.

EVER.

 

Unless of course it’s about the break away pass he gave Bure to win the series in ot game 7 against the lames in 94 ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

KIRK HOW COULD YOU!!!!!!!! :shock:

Please don’t blackball me;( forgive and forget?

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the Juolevi hit on Tkachuk as much as anyone, but I think he should've played the puck. Calgary got a prime chance on that play because Olli was out of position after delivering the blow.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

OJ quietly having solid rookie season, hogs no. 6 in rookie scoring, ahead of stutzle, 2 points back of lead, was unlucky not to get point last night. Another good JB/nucks draft pick with podz, rathbone, Lind poised to play NHL games this year/next year. Then there are guys like Lockwood, woo, jasek, Gadjo, Aidan mcdonut, truscott, who still have an outside chance at an nhl career, short or long.

 

JB era picks in the NHL/played nhl games (over 6 drafts- a little early to include this year, especially as we did not pick 'til 3rd round)

 

Boess

EP

Huggy

Virtanen

McCann

Tryamkin

Dipietro

Forsling

Gaudette

OJ

Hogz

 

so we are realistically looking at 13-14 players from his first 6 drafts to make the nhl, not bad

 

 

oh yeah and Tyler madden may play in NHL...not unreasonable to eventually see JB average 3 players per draft playing in the nhl, pretty good

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Jake is a total floater. Multiple times he enters the zone does some stupid deke and drops the puck back to nobody. Turns it over.

 

Flies by potential opportunities to lay the body 99,% of the time.

 

Hes a fast floater with a decent shot with Low IQ and even lower passion for the game it seems.

 

He plays like the cocky kid on the block playing street hockey, lackadaisical and disinterested.

Its probably something to do with his relationship with green but none the less, Jake is done.

 

Look at the effort and compete from guys like Hog Motte Mac etc.

 

Jake is lazy and theres nobody to blame but himself for that

The real difference is that Jake plays hockey for fun, while the others play hockey to win.

 

Regardless, I still think Jake can be useful (and affordable) in the bottom 6.  The problem is that many fans will never let go of the fact that he was a 6th overall pick and always resent him.  Perhaps the best scenario for all concerned is a trade; hopefully to a team far away (just in case he turns into next years 'Ritchie'). Perhaps trading Virt (+ whatever) + Loui's contract would help the team the most.  Imagine having that extra $6m to upgrade.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Hughes-Schmidt

Edler- Hamonic

OJ-Myers

 

Benn

when everyone is healthy

 

Hughes gonna need to buckle down on defense, can't afford to have him as a defensive liability while Edler, Hamonic and Myers are giveaway machines.

 

Sorry to rain on the positivity parade, but thats not a good looking defense. Not if you're a playoffs fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The real difference is that Jake plays hockey for fun, while the others play hockey to win.

 

Regardless, I still think Jake can be useful (and affordable) in the bottom 6.  The problem is that many fans will never let go of the fact that he was a 6th overall pick and always resent him.  Perhaps the best scenario for all concerned is a trade; hopefully to a team far away (just in case he turns into next years 'Ritchie'). Perhaps trading Virt (+ whatever) + Loui's contract would help the team the most.  Imagine having that extra $6m to upgrade.

The only way we see Jake and Loui in a trade is to NJ for Subban. And I bet we'd have to throw in a draft pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I agree Benning made the right choice mostly for financial and expansion reasons though. Markstrom doesn't have high miles he didn't really become a starter until age 27 there is no reason to worry about his play dropping off in 3 years at age 34. Plenty of goalies remain competitive into their late 30s. Calgary got a great player and team mate. With the expansion coming we couldn't have both and Markstrom wasn't going to allow himself to be exposed. There is no way JB could have moved enough salary to keep him and sign the kids to their up coming deals. I'm happy for Marky and Tanev to have gotten the deals they did great guys who deserved it. Just too bad they landed in Calgary. 

I think also that JB was a little gun shy after the Louongo debacle. I know it wasn't his fault but he's had to deal with the ramifications of that contract during his entire tenure here as GM. Lu is like 41 years old now and still has 2 years left on his contract.  Smh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Jake is a total floater. Multiple times he enters the zone does some stupid deke and drops the puck back to nobody. Turns it over.

 

Flies by potential opportunities to lay the body 99,% of the time.

 

Hes a fast floater with a decent shot with Low IQ and even lower passion for the game it seems.

 

He plays like the cocky kid on the block playing street hockey, lackadaisical and disinterested.

Its probably something to do with his relationship with green but none the less, Jake is done.

 

Look at the effort and compete from guys like Hog Motte Mac etc.

 

Jake is lazy and theres nobody to blame but himself for that

But follow the progress of the conversation. Try to be apart of something rather than the person that always cries and says this sucks.

 

Who do you replace him with?

Gaudette does not hit nor does he play D.

Mac plays a similar game and hits a bit more than JV. However, JV plays D and can be seen covering for D men that drop down.

Haw... (don't know how to spell his name) I don't know him.

Bailey was interesting but is injured now.

Podkolzin is not here, yet.

Eriksson is good at D but lacking in many other areas. He may play more with Motte injured for his ability to PK.

 

The Canucks are better with him in the line up then having him sit.

Mac and Virt make Sutter better. As they showed the most chemistry.

 

Again you and every other troll compares JV effort level to Motte and Hog. Who else competes like them? If you hold the team to their level of motivation, then we need to scrap the team as they are all useless and lazy.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Joulevi is a bit of a head scratcher. He had a great game last night, especially the hit on Thachuk. He's listed at 182 pounds and he doesn't look much bigger. He is supposed to be heavier, no? 

 

Meyers has been playing some good hockey lately. His goal was sweet. I have no idea how Marky would read a shot coming off a Meyer's stick at 6' 8". Where is it going to go?

 

Hogs is owed a goal. Rings one off the bar but his play all night was tops for the forward group. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Davathor said:

 

Hughes gonna need to buckle down on defense, can't afford to have him as a defensive liability while Edler, Hamonic and Myers are giveaway machines.

 

Sorry to rain on the positivity parade, but thats not a good looking defense. Not if you're a playoffs fan.

As last nights game demonstrates (and its only one game), when the team is playing a tight, structured game, the giveaways on D are cut right down.

The worst giveaways last night were by a forward (Miller).

  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's after a game like last night that I almost wish we were in a back-to-back situation with a game tonight  (but, ofc, after that grueling schedule to date, no thanks)

Bring on Monday evening!!

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...