The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hard to do assume they'd struggle as long as we have when they have Marky/McDavid/Draisaitl factors.

We can't really afford anymore losses either, especially compared to them.

We play Toffoli and the Habs next 4/7 games. Pretty critical point.

I'd say it's likely that Van, Cal and Edm all end up with similar records against the rest of the division from here on out.  If the Canucks can dominate both Alberta teams they definitely have a good shot at the 4th seed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I suspected he was injured when we signed him. But it was LITR thank goodness. 

We just need to transplant 2014 Ferland into Adam Gaudette somehow.

Mexican supplements, and some time in a gamma generator may be in order.

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No one hates the Leafs like my Dad....he's been hating them for decades.   Started YEARS ago when they chartered the fishing boat he was on and they all acted like royalty and treated the crew like garbage.  Ordered them around.  It was glaring....others had chartered the boat in the past and NEVER behaved so poorly.  Total d bags and Dad never forgot it.  He'd taken an autograph book along and then decided he didn't want their autographs.  Screw them.  Only got...Brian Spencer's.  :lol:  

So ff to my daughter's birthday party decades later (in a small wooded area deemed a private Brownies/Girl Guides campsite....when not in use you could rent it for events). It was great...bunnies there....the kids were tearing all around and we had music and a gazebo full of food.

So we found an ugly old Leafs hat in the seating area and my Dad knew just what to do with it.  

There was a fire pit...perfect.  Dad found a stick, drove it into the ground, placed the hat on it and told my son to light it on fire (we're slightly redneck).   It was an official SCREW THE LEAFS ceremony.

That's Dad, celebrating the event.  Glorious.  The girls watching (my daughter's party guests) were/are Canuck fans to this day.

I just called Dad to see if he watched the game (he said he wasn't going too..."too hard on his heart").  Which is why I came home and we postponed our visit to tomorrow.

He takes these Leaf games VERY seriously and it's a little stressful for him.    But it turns out he did watch the game......and he's in his glory.  This one's for you, Dad.   

image.png 

Brian “Spinner” Spencer from Ft St James. 
Best CBC movie ever. 

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

God blessed this kid, crazy talent while looking like a freaking movie star, share the wealth ffs lol.

And hes unbelievably jacked. Did you see that clip of the handstand on the ketel bells?

And the juggling on the unicycle lol

Share the wealth is right 

Edited by 10pavelbure96

24 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Petey got to be in the top 6.

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

Petey - Horvat - Virtanen

Pearson - Sutter - Gauds

Hawrluk - Beagle - Mac

Good point. Not going to argue against that.

But I wonder how Petey and Horvat would go as a combo. Would be an interesting experiment.

Having Petey with Sutter and Gauds could be good in terms of getting him away from the top pairing defenders. Line matching will be that much harder for the opposition.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Alienhuggyflow said:

We need a nice 9-2-2 type of stretch. We have dealt with the hard part of ourcschedule, The Habs, Jets and Oilers haven't yet. 2 straight against the Leafs is a good start.

Can't really afford anymore regulation losses at this point of the year.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Haha, I loved Sedlbauer.  I used to love watching him skate in warmup when my family went to games

Guy could skate, without a doubt.  One season wonder as a goal scorer, but at least he had that season with us.  Guys like Lalonde and Lever lit it up as soon as they left.  Oh man, gotta kill some more brain cells:  it's the only way to survive as a fan of this team!