The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ian Clark chances of contract renewal

Rate this topic

boscorevat

Considering the size of the business and what extra wins can mean for the bottom line, paying the guy what he wants is the smart decision.  It doesn't count towards the cap and the Aquilinis can just mistreat some more migrant workers to make up the difference.

If you want a culture of winning and merit, keep the guy doing his job well and fire the guys who aren't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

If you listen to Elliotte regularly you'll know that he actually defends our management team quite a bit and always craps on the "negative" Canucks fan base, especially "Canucks twitter".

Didn't you know?

Elliotte Friedman, and any media/PHWA member that offers even a mild criticism of or suggestion for the Canucks, is a fake news spreading, alternative facts sharing, Toronto shill sent out to defame Jim Benning and wreak terror on his Canucks.

We can only trust Marc Edge and FA.  Their word is gospel.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

remember canucks fans and cdc  said not to worry about Brackett becoming a UFA  because he would be back and look what happened.

Thanks

Playing devils advocate

What if, JB has a feeling he is going like Trevor.?

Did he let the scouts and Brackett who did all the work and gave him the glory with their work and input, and then lets Malholtra go to help his legacy?

I sure hope his ego isn't that great , that he would let good people go, so that when he is gone too and we struggle and looks like we made a mistake letting him go

I have personally seen this behaviour at work, where executives let key people go or give them lil choice not to leave, which they think makes them think they are ever more so important and have weakened the complete company because of ego

No one can say for sure what is going on, we can only speculate, I sure hope it isn't this

It is not like we left the basement and won the Stanley Cup and ALL these people want a new challange

It is a lil disconcerting

We need a strong management team, what if our better players all take the same approach and want to leave or not play here as well?

3 hours ago, Josepho said:

The Canucks literally have the worst 5v5xGA/60, 5v5SCA/60, and 2nd worst 5v5HDCA/60 in the entire league.

The Canucks literally are one of the hottest teams in the NHL over the past ten games.   Being outplayed or not, they are finding ways to win.

Much to the chagrin of you and the other “Canucks fans” at HF, there is more to winning games than advanced stats.   

These are very dark times for HF Canucks as the Canucks creep closer to being a part of relevant playoff discussion.   The next two games against Montreal could very well determine our fate.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

If you listen to Elliotte regularly you'll know that he actually defends our management team quite a bit and always craps on the "negative" Canucks fan base, especially "Canucks twitter".

This may be true but Friedman does like to stir $&!# and it often does come at the Canucks’ expense (attempts anyways).

4 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

The Canucks literally are one of the hottest teams in the NHL over the past ten games.   Being outplayed or not, they are finding ways to win.

Much to the chagrin of you and the other “Canucks fans” at HF, there is more to winning games than advanced stats.   

These are very dark times for HF Canucks as the Canucks creep closer to being a part of relevant playoff discussion.   The next two games against Montreal could very well determine our fate.

I was literally refuting the claim that Demko doing well is a product of Nolan Baumgartner's strong defensive system. Nothing that you said has anything to do with that.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Everyone knows I think Benning has done his fair share of stupid things but even I don't think Benning is capable of doing something as stupid as letting him go for no good reason.

It takes two to tango; it's very possible Clarke's ask is absurdly high and you can't really blame him given the work he's done here. He likely knows other teams will match his ask, so he has the leverage. If I'm a team that has really struggled in the goaltending department as of late, why wouldn't I headhunt him?

If we're penny-pinching, that's on Aquilini. But I doubt Aquilini thinks that a goalie coach is an optional asset.

I think this is a significant story on its own but it's definitely being exacerbated by the recent departures of other seemingly key members of the organization like Brackett and Malhotra.

Maybe it's nothing, but there's a lot of smoke.

Maybe. But this is one of those cases where hopefully having a deep pocket owner pays off. I hope the ownership sees the value of having a great goaltending coach.

Didn't FA recently tweet, "What great goaltending" or something along that line?

Well, he knows that we are getting great goaltending so. Hopefully he won't get in the way of re-signing Clark.