The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, fredricko said:

Gretzky junior so not as good as Gretzky but in the same mould. Yes I thought he could be a phenom. Probably not gonna happen for the reasons I outlined. And out.

Gretzky should have never been the same sentence as Pettersson. No player should maybe Ovechkin for his goal scoring or McDavid for being the NHLs best. So you’re expectations weren’t realistic to begin with. And now cause he has a slow start to the year be doesn’t look like a good pick. Are you kidding me? The kid is 22 years old. Typical, I bet you wanted to trade Boeser last year too. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Would be hard without replacing the entire coaching staff. Green and Baumer has been joined at the hips since Utica days.

it's not the defence's fault we were outshot 2-1. employing a 1 man offense basically means you will get zero shots on net, unless we magically get a whistle.

The team looked tired and a step behind  at times

Holtby played well  but for whatever reason I feel the team plays better infront of Demko

Take the 7  of 8 points on the road and get ready for the Jets

GCG

I was actually on board with selling a few weeks ago when we were stuck in the mud... but after a rip like this I think you gotta give the guys the chance to claw back into it.  

Development far outweighs any depth picks we might nab from Sutter or Pearson if he heals up.  Looks like a 2nd would be lucky at this point anyways. 

It’d be fantastic if we can somehow make the playoffs this year... but even if not, I remember the dogfights down to the wire to make the post season the old WCE teams used to get into.  Every developing team needs to go through them and if it helps get our heads on straight to start next year it’s worth a pick or two. IMO

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

We can't clear the zone because we flub it on the first touch way too often, or make a bad decision about where to go with it.  Yes, Montreal pressures the puck well in the offensive zone, but with a basic level of skill in puck handling you can beat what they do.  We only had it in spurts. 

Edited by Maniwaki Canuck
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I was actually on board with selling a few weeks ago when we were stuck in the mud... but after a rip like this I think you gotta give the guys the chance to claw back into it.  

Development far outweighs any depth picks we might nab from Sutter or Pearson if he heals up.  Looks like a 2nd would be lucky at this point anyways. 

It’d be fantastic if we can somehow make the playoffs this year... but even if not, I remember the dogfights down to the wire to make the post season the old WCE teams used to get into.  Every developing team needs to go through them and if it helps get our heads on straight to start next year it’s worth a pick or two. IMO

I’m with you buddy. I just want to see a dog fight to the end. This game doesn’t change that. The division is still wide open imo. Yes the other teams have game im hand but anyone of them could fall down the standings 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

We need a center back, soon.  Not gonna be too critical of Gaudette - but it's hard to hide/shelter him when you need a win nearly every night..

They've played some remarkable harm reduction hockey - but winning while always counterpunching aint easy.

Once again both Miller and Horvat struggled in the faceoff circle, uncharacteristically. 

Horvat 43%

Miller 38%

Sutter 56%

They must be gassed to some extent.

In spite of that I thought Horvat had one of his better games in quite some time.

And it's really nice to see the real Miller back - he went through a bit of a funk - but he's looking more and more himself.

But this is exactly the kind of circumstances/why I would have tried to add another guy like Richardson to this group.

Bo is a workhorse,he’s had a rough couple games

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Considering how Montreal have our numbers, a split is not the worst thing in the world.

Key now is to beat Edmonton every chance we get. Totally do-able. Just shut down McDraisitle and Oils will collapse like a cheap tent.

That’s the X factor in this.

We play the Oilers and the Flames like 4 times each. They’re the teams that are closest to us in terms of games played.

Oilers lose tonight and we’re 5 back with only one more game played. In a 4 game series you can gain 5 or 6 points on them and then we’re right there. Then just have to hope the Flames struggle in their games in hand and then just go even in the remaining games against them.

Still lots of fight left to go!

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

We need a center back, soon.  Not gonna be too critical of Gaudette - but it's hard to hide/shelter him when you need a win nearly every night..

They've played some remarkable harm reduction hockey - but winning while always counterpunching aint easy.

Once again both Miller and Horvat struggled in the faceoff circle, uncharacteristically. 

Horvat 43%

Miller 38%

Sutter 56%

They must be gassed to some extent.

In spite of that I thought Horvat had one of his better games in quite some time.

And it's really nice to see the real Miller back - he went through a bit of a funk - but he's looking more and more himself.

But this is exactly the kind of circumstances/why I would have tried to add another guy like Richardson to this group.

Agreed. Does anyone know a timeline for(or what the heck happened to?) Beags?

• Upvote 1