The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Maybe... just maybe... Aqua ordered JB to pull this move to save the dressing room?? ever thought some of our players got really upset coz of Gaudette?? I'm just saying there is the slightest possibility, that's all... these are just humans after all.. they have the right to judge and be upset seeing how their own families have suffered!

Look.

I get and understand the argument and possible position of this regarding covid and attitudes around it.  I even get the owner may have stepped in.

But this LITERALLY looks and appears like you dangled an attractive young asset and took the first stolen bike a meth addict offered you.  Have been researching Highmore and there is nothing, like literally nothing that makes him stand out.

Average skater.  mediocre face off numbers.  Mediocre on ice numbers.  Only shining moment was a goal in the playoffs.

If this is literally the best Benning could get for Gaudette who is around a .3 ppg sophomore in his career thus far and shown to arrive for big games on a team lacking any sort of centre depth at the moment than he's absolutely validated the comments about his inability to manage his assets or make viable trades towards the long term health and future of this team.

Again, I feel as though this was a trade for the sake of making a trade and once the name was out there the first offer thrown looks like it was accepted

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

So we trade him for an AHLer, not even a 6th round pick? hmmm makes sense

he's not an AHL'er, he's played 24 games in Chicago this year and had 4 points in 9 games for the Hawks in the bubble p[layoffs

I'm a pretty big Benning supporter but Pearson contract and this trade back to back is not helping.... 

I didn't have high hopes for Gaudette and best case scenario was a 3rd C but his defensive play and faceoff skills were lacking. 

I'm hoping for a Motte type situation to change my mind on this move but at first glance, I'm not a fan. 

I guess the question is, was Gaudette a 3rd or even a 4th line C on a cup calibre team? Probably not. So maybe they don't want to keep going down this path whereas Pearson can be a 3rs or even 4th liner on a contender... 

Edited by CanucksJay

4 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s not so binary. Gaudette was probably not going to make it here, not strong enough defensively and no space to move up either as a centre.

a trade either this season or next was likely but I think the return here is a bit low.

hes a streaky middle 6 offensive centre, he was never going to get a high return 

Tanner Pearson just got paid handsomely for being a middle six forward.  Benning bought HIGH on him and sold LOW on Gaudette.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Look.

I get and understand the argument and possible position of this regarding covid and attitudes around it.  I even get the owner may have stepped in.

But this LITERALLY looks and appears like you dangled an attractive young asset and took the first stolen bike a meth addict offered you.  Have been researching Highmore and there is nothing, like literally nothing that makes him stand out.

Average skater.  mediocre face off numbers.  Mediocre on ice numbers.  Only shining moment was a goal in the playoffs.

If this is literally the best Benning could get for Gaudette who is around a .3 ppg sophomore in his career thus far and shown to arrive for big games on a team lacking any sort of centre depth at the moment than he's absolutely validated the comments about his inability to manage his assets or make viable trades towards the long term health and future of this team.

Again, I feel as though this was a trade for the sake of making a trade and once the name was out there the first offer thrown looks like it was accepted

Highmore had a heckuva playoffs for the Hwks last year and, by all accounts, is a high energy, physical guy who is more of a traditional bottom 6 player than Gaud.  Everyone loves Motte........you can't judge every player based on points

The only way this makes sense is if Gaudette wasn't a good team mate. Are there other issues we don't know about?

One thing about Gaudette I've noticed is he's a showoff. Kicked his new bride in the head during one of his displays, like the cellies when he scores. He doesn't just celebrate his goals, he thinks he's Superman. He loves the attention, and who knows, maybe he's got a big ego? 

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Yes... he's a borderline NHL player... got 2 points in 24 games, 5'11, already 25 yrs old... plays LW! good depth player for Utica!!

why would he be in Utica when he's already had a good playoffs and this full season in Chicago?  You're just crying because you don't like the trade

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The only way this makes sense is if Gaudette wasn't a good team mate. Are there other issues we don't know about?

One thing about Gaudette I've noticed is he's a showoff. Kicked his new bride in the head during one of his displays, like the cellies when he scores. He doesn't just celebrate his goals, he thinks he's Superman. He loves the attention, and who knows, maybe he's got a big ego? 

Every NHL player has a big ego. 

*Also, are we ripping on guys for celebrating goals now??

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1