The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

47 minutes ago, awalk said:

I do not understand how this management is still allowed to make trades. 

Maybe Owners demanded the trade? If the stories about Gaudette breaking Covid protocol, owner may not be at all pleased...

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, ey40 said:

What is it that makes Benning so reluctant to get some draft picks back when making trades? 

Why is he so in-love with players that produce so little on the ice?

Why is he still having a job?

The strength of this management is drafting but they refuse to acquire draft picks. 

/shrug

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Benning smoked the rest of my blunt this morning, Hence Highmore.

Dude... Like... Wouldn’t it be funny if we traded for this guy... *giggling*... His name is... *giggling*... HIGH MORE!... *wheezing laughter*

So anyway... We should order a Pizza... Is Spisa available?... *more wheezing laughter*

• Haha 3

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

if Gaudette is a 2C your record is worse than Buffalo's

Think he might stick as a winger in the NHL (doesn’t appear to have what it takes to be a center, at least a defensive one).  Could do a lot worse than him as an offensive winger imho.

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Sure. But that doesn't justify trading him for an even more bad player.

So again, something smells, and it may not just be Benning this time.

Highmore plays a diff role. He's a winger, he's gritty, he brought something to his team in the playoffs, he overcame being passed over the draft due to his size to show that he could bring it at the pro levels and was a great AHL rookie. Has another year a 725k so he could be a cheap bottom sixer on a team which has a lot of money skewed to the bottom. Low risk decent reward. Plus, Gaudette not taking up any more ice team. Pce out Gauddy

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Sedins, for example, never made a huge deal out of scoring. Not many do really.

Big cellies like Gaud's reminds me of Yakupov's celly in EDM a few years ago lol  Not a team player.

Really?  We're gonna go at players for the way they celly now...?  Okay...

2020 NHL Stanley Cup Qualifiers: Why Matthew Highmore is good fit for  Blackhawks' fourth line - Second City Hockey

Chicago Blackhawks Sign Matthew Highmore, Three Other Prospects - Last Word  On Hockey

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Maybe Owners demanded the trade? If the stories about Gaudette breaking Covid protocol, owner may not be at all pleased...

Could be. Sure seems wild to make your team worse to punish a player.

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Think he might stick as a winger in the NHL (doesn’t appear to have what it takes to be a center, at least a defensive one).  Could do a lot worse than him as an offensive winger imho.

Sorry

If Gaudette is in your top 6 you'll never make it out the first round of the playoffs**

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Sedins, for example, never made a huge deal out of scoring. Not many do really.

Big cellies like Gaud's reminds me of Yakupov's celly in EDM a few years ago lol  Not a team player.

How highly do you weigh celebrations when judging player value? 20%? 50%?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I think its a dice roll-will AG become a productive 2 way top 9 player?  Hard to say

They trade a for a guy who they hope can follow Motte's development path

Def hard to say, I'm prepared to wait and see how it plays out. I'll root for the new guy, I liked Adam though. 

3 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this was true. She did get a lot of flack on twitter in recent weeks, resulting in her deactivating her account. My guess is he was becoming a distraction and putting his focus on building his personal brand through the Canucks. I mean, all the Twitch streaming, creating his own apparel line, viral videos, etc...

That's my thinking for sure, I could see him requesting one for her sake. 

The second part, I dunno? So long as it doesn't hurt the team I don't think they'd mind, the Canucks don't seem to have any issue with Petey being an individual? 

• Vintage 1

18 pages in, Gaudette and covid mentioned in at least 4 posts per page. 2 of those posts blaming him or his wife for getting the team sick.

Once again thank you Jim for getting the player out of this cesspool of negativity.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2