The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

This is right from their COVID return to play guidelines:

All Players must be cleared as “fit to play” by a cardiologist and team physician before returning to game activity.

Hmmm

In the event a Player is diagnosed with a confirmed positive finding for COVID-19 (or has a resulting and/or related illness), the Club Physician shall issue an Exhibit 25-A designating the Player as “unfit to play”. The Player shall be deemed to have sustained an illness arising out of the course of his employment as a hockey player for such period as he may be removed from training, practice or play, and his condition shall be treated as a hockey related injury for all purposes under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, unless it is established, based on the facts at issue, that the Player contracted COVID-19 or the resulting or related illness outside the course of his employment as a hockey player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

PAGING Coach Travis!!!!

This is NOT the EDM bubble vs the Vegans. You must NOT horse-whip a dozen pack mules across the Sahara. Under NO F***ing circumstances!

Treat this as ATOM house league. EVERYONE gets to play..hand out  part. ribbons after, ferGawdsakes! Dress everyone(& their buddies) the next tilt.

all fwds: 13-16 mins each

all D: 19-21 mins EACH!!!

Ain't rocket science, amigo.

Not a problem at all given he coaches an atom system and he is an atom quality coach 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah but the teams we face the next few games(Oilers/Leafs/Flames) gonna value those points for playoff positioning or fighting for a spot in the Flames case. 

Overall the teams we face are gonna want to play those games. 

It would be the Leafs and Oilers we play. 

Play the Leafs on Monday. It’s a few days they desperately need. Leafs and Oilers are in. Give them an extra 2 game to play each other 

23 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Miller has some backbone. I have no problem with what he said. Management and ownership are more worried about their reputation than the health of their players. Boggles my mind. 

He should be captain where is Bo ‘a leadership in this

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

I just hope the owner backs them up and  says to the league to cancel the games. It would look so bad if the players don’t want to play and yet the owner is saying they should play. It would look so bad on the team player could demand a trade

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

What are yoy talking about. JT Miller made close to 4 million cad this year. If he refuses to play after being medically cleared by doctors why should Aqua pay him cpll million more.. aqua already losing 10s of millions.

Hes paying his players full pay.. like for 82 games this season even though they only playing 59 games..

Does your employer pay you that if you dont go to work? And you make 100k? Maybe 200k? Hes made 4mill in last 3 months. 

Its different if a minimum wage worker single mom working at walmart .. all the folks working at grocery stores and gas stations.. front line workers ...thats who get my sympathies.. not guys making millions of dollars with personal nutritionists and world class health care

I guess im not a hero worshipper like many ppl are. I love sports. I love the Canucks i love UFC and NFL but i dont worship the players. 

I would rather Aqua donate 10s of  millions to front line workers over guys already making millions..

If Miller wants to complain and not come to work.. then stay home.. hes made 4 mill last cpl months. I'm sure he'll be able to pay his mortgage and grocery bill.

They’re not being paid in full. If you have the time to go off, you have the time to get your facts straight. 

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Thought jt did his interview from his home on zoom

Yeah, he did.  But Bo's been stuck in his basement and has a 9 month old child that he's been kept apart from.  

My point being...give him a break.  Is there anything about this team you don't gripe about?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Just hope jt doesn’t get fined by the league

watching the interview he was clearly not happy but it also seems like he chose his wording pretty carefully so he doesnt get in trouble.

• Cheers 3

I wonder if the Canucks would be okay forfeiting playoffs and playing the games we have vs Ottawa when the first round starts allowing us to have a much more loose schedule till the actual end of the season for everyone else.  

But that one half of me says that’s a really stupid idea.