The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Liquor stores are going to see a spike in sales in the upcoming weeks with the amount of drinks required 

Depends. Could see some youngsters get looks. Would be interesting to see Gadjo/Lind/Jasek/Rathbone play once we are for sure out of it. 

I’m thrilled that we’ll be able to watch the boys play again to see how this season plays out. But if Miller says he isn’t ready, then that probably means the team isn’t as well. We have no choice though as the league wants to finish the season asap. So it’s going to be tough. But I have big belief in the boys in that we will pull through this together no matter what and finish the season strong. Let’s do this, boys! GCG!

I expect that Edm, and Tor will be aware of the Canucks situation and probably not going out of their way to kill us.  Both teams are comfortably above us in the standings. It is not impossible for the Canucks to get a couple of  points out of this weekend.  We have half a dozen guys who are trying to crack the line up who were not experiencing tough symptoms and will likely sub in this weekend. So let's see.

• Sad 1

I wonder why the 56 game season is set in stone? Is it not possible to make a 54 or 53 game season work for all teams? If numerically it doesn't work they could cut a game from the bottom feeders and use winning % for the draft lotto. I don't think that would change the bottom order very much if at all.

20 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Liquor stores are going to see a spike in sales in the upcoming weeks with the amount of drinks required 

I honestly don't think Virtanen is gonna score that much bro.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not this fan. Im still going to watch the team play with or JT Miller on it or without.

It could be entire AHL squad ill still watch the games.

Then again i been a fan for 40 years. I watched them in the 80s when we lost every night..

Im a fan of the team logo. Ive seen 100s of players come and go over the years..

And that's fine, I never said all fans shared Miller's sentiments 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I wonder why the 56 game season is set in stone? Is it not possible to make a 54 or 53 game season work for all teams? If numerically it doesn't work they could cut a game from the bottom feeders and use winning % for the draft lotto. I don't think that would change the bottom order very much if at all.

It’s sponsorship/business motivated

If they don’t play a full 56 game schedule they gotta cut the sponsors a cheque for not marketing their product or service 

• Cheers 1