The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

While I am never of the thought the team should lose on purpose(Tank), if they happen to lose and gain the chance to draft 1st, I won't be wholly disappointed,

imagine a line that included* Bo Horvat, Luke Hughes and Hog - Dukes of Hazzard Line w Bo Luke and Boss Hog

Edited by CrippledCanuck
  • Upvote 1

Question: Do you think your best players could be better?

Green: it’s easy to question whether players can play better

So easy a question that he can’t even say we need to play more consistently and execute better.

Edited by J-Strap

Geez, the Canucks were 3-1 after a severe Covid break, put in an ok effort but lost, and many people are like “fire green”,  “so and so is a bum”, etc. Wow, talk about night and day.

During Quinn’s pre game interview, you can still see the bags under his eyes. These players are trying, but they’re still not fully recovered.

What you can see is lack of practice. Systems are breaking down, and the new players are getting a little lost.

Green is having to make a choice, rest players or practice. Right now, he’s choosing rest. Vilify him if you want, but he’s making a tough choice on what he thinks is best for the team. Even he still looks rough in his post game interviews.

My gut tells me this isn’t going to get any better with the tight schedule. 

Eat well, sleep well, and come out hard on Wednesday. 

Go. Canucks!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I thought the Canucks came out with a lot of jump at the beginning of the game . The energy level just dropped off as the game went on.

Its called being grinded down by a team with a plan and a system 

novel concept for Canucks fans 

9 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

While I am never of the thought the team should lose on purpose(Tank), if they happen to lose and gain the chance to draft 1st, I won't be wholly disappointed,

imagine a line that included* Bo Horvat, Luke Hughes and Hog - Dukes of Hazzard Line w Bo Luke and Boss Hog

Wouldn't that be a great finish to an overall crappy year. 

26 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Well honestly would you even want to go to playoffs without Demko and Petersson? we have a lot of weaknesses WITH them in the lineup, nevermind challenging for playoff spot without them.

Demko is day to day, and Petey might return at some point if we do make the postseason.

But yeah, it still won't be enough.

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I thought the Canucks came out with a lot of jump at the beginning of the game . The energy level just dropped off as the game went on.

Agree completely. I started watching 5 minutes into the 1st and most people were saying how much we were dominating. It looked exactly like you mentioned.

14 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

Green says he hadn’t notice his team being hemmed in the D zone.  Either he’s gone blind or he’s not paying attention.  He’s thinks he’s protecting the players but these are professionals, they ought to know what is true and what is bullsh*t.  

Does he know what hemmed in means?

13 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

Luke Hughes is a Dman just like Quinn Hughes.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1