The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Bad loss.

I know some people think Green is a good coach and should come back.

I don't know if he will be back or not. But we are a bubble team that has games like this often where we don't look ready to go and get outplayed.

I am in the camp that a new coach with real experience is what we need. That's all. 

This is no knee jerk. Long term watching these guys do the same herky jerky over and over again.

I want a coach that commands respect and the players will go to war for.

Green is like the woke Oscars...ok but really not a classic.

Green has had some good games. But the fact that there were no shots in the third for the first 10 minutes show a lack of urgency. It's the same issue with the PP.  A lack of urgency.

1 minute ago, J-Strap said:

Hirsch is as a good a commentator as he was a goalie

Yeah not a huge fan of Hirsch as a commentator.  

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

And lost to one of the worst teams in the league with third or fourth string goalie. A team full of rookies. No name coach. Not going to get much easier for Green, bruv.

Players like Brown, Paul, Dadonov, Batherson, Norris, exc are much better than Vesey, Boyd, Virtanen, Highmore, exc.

Hoglander hit a post, Horvat almost had one squeak through. With some luck could've been a different outcome. 

6 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Oilers doing just fine with 1 line tho

When you have the best 2 players in the league...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Highmore has been one of our better bottom 6 forwards.  Weird guy to pick out. 

I'd like to see Lind and Rathbone though.  For me Vesey would be the one sitting. 

Either way we have way too many 4th liners playing like sutter, vessey, virtanen, highmore, boyd, Hawurlyuk etc.We need a goal scorer because Horvat, Miller and Boeser are not enough. Pearson is average and Hoglander is a rookie that has played well but is still a rookie. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 1-d said:

We have to win 10 of the next 14 games to have a sniffing chance at the playoffs.

As much as I love to see that, I know won't see that.

Well honestly would you even want to go to playoffs without Demko and Petersson? we have a lot of weaknesses WITH them in the lineup, nevermind challenging for playoff spot without them.