The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators l April 26, 4 p.m. l TSN5, SNP

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Well, that 4 pointer killed us.  We missed getting a win and Habs didn't.  Ah well, play Lind and Rathbone now. 

Why would anybody do that??? They get much better experience not practicing sitting on the sidelines! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

It's a 1.5 line team....

And lost to one of the worst teams in the league with third or fourth string goalie. A team full of rookies. No name coach. Not going to get much easier for Green, bruv.

• Like 2

I mean all the guys were trying their hardest, but they looked really tired out there.  Get used to games like this, every second day, or twice in three days to close out the season.  

Why don't the canucks play Lind and Rathbone??? They keep playing scrubs like Highmore who couldnt even make blackhawks 4th line and was a waiver wire player. At least have those guys gain some experience playing in the NHL without pressure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

What a stinky effort and total collapse in execution. Got to rotate those guys out of the taxi squad to stay fresh. Even Loui might have helped at this point. Schmidt was a giveaway machine for the other team all night. I can't put my finger on it, but I think the style isn't working. They need to stake the puck in instead of dump and chase. They just don't have the gas to play that way right now.

On the upside, I thought Motte, Horvat, Hoglander, Pearson and Miller looked good. Miller in particular looked more like himself with a little more jump after a few quiet games.

Edit. Holtby was great again. I'd never fault a goalie that let's in 2 or less goals a game. It's all you can hope for.

Edited by gizmo2337
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Why don't the canucks play Lind and Rathbone??? They keep playing scrubs like Highmore who couldnt even make blackhawks 4th line and was a waiver wire player. At least have those guys gain some experience playing in the NHL without pressure.

Hihmore wasnt that bad. But why vessey? Has he had 1 good game yet?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I am pretty sure he would be the 4th string now if he was healthy 

Daccord has literally been their only good goalie this season hahaha

Though they don't wanna play him over a great goaltender like Murray which is hilarious. The fans know he's the best one though. 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Holtby's been incredible...really feel good about his play.

aye, the nucks just cant score :( if we didnt get covid at trade deadline i know JB woulda brought in a EP40 replacement, but cause of the whole tram being sick, he just went and got cheap replacements

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I mean all the guys were trying their hardest, but they looked really tired out there.  Get used to games like this, every second day, or twice in three days to close out the season.  

Yeah but we also are missing Petersson. Even with Petey we have like 4 or 5 legit top 6 NHL forwards that can score with rest being scrubs and 4th liners. Without Petersson, we will even have a harder time of scoring. You can thank Benning for getting rid of Toffoli to keep franchise players like virtanen lol.

• Upvote 1