The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 8, 7 p.m. l SNP | RIGGED EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

I don't know how a person can be a hockey fan when they look for reasons to hate the most talented players. 

I dislike Matthew’s very much, and the Maple Leafs. But I don’t hate them and I don’t wish harm on them. I hope they don’t win a cup before Vancouver does. 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Clearly you don’t watch enough of the other big sports in NA. The best players get away with a lot more and the favouritism is real. Watch an NFL game on a Sunday and see what happens when Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers get clipped with a late hit. 

Petey certainly never got that treatment.

So...no.  Doesn't make it right...kind of takes away from it if they get "help".

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Interesting viewpoint. I remember everybody hating Crosby every time he played us too. Matthews I totally get though. 

Never hated Crosby, even when we played for us. Always liked him, and still do. The constant shoving down our throat about McDavid and Matthews is a joke. 

I know they're both incredibly talented, I dont need that told to me 934043834034834304 different times every second of every day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krinjer33 said:

Is he really a terrible person though? 
or is he just a competitive professional athlete?

I get it, if he was on our team we would love him, but he’s not so we hate him. 
But let’s give him props.
100 points is just incredible in so few games. 

but he must have gotten 30 of those points against the nucks, at best, an AHL calibre team

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

It’s Toronto for me. I guess I contradicted myself because I almost feel the same way about Matthew’s. Great hockey player, but I can’t &^@#ing stand him. I hope he never wins a cup. 

Haha, it's all good 

Yeah, I hope the Leafs cup aspirations continue to make like Matthews's pants and drop 

• Cheers 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

All the other greats have managed to be great without his character issues.  If he started playing like a man instead of a gutless piece of garbage, I'd consider giving him props.    As it is,  I won't be cheering for him to get up if he gets drilled with a hit.

Fair enough. I’m not here to argue about it. In fact I agree with you. If he gets levelled with a hit I won’t be cheering for him to get up either. 

Clearly you don’t watch enough of the other big sports in NA. The best players get away with a lot more and the favouritism is real. Watch an NFL game on a Sunday and see what happens when Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers get clipped with a late hit. 

I believe it. I’ll stick to hockey though. But you’re right it’s all about the $$$

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Interesting viewpoint. I remember everybody hating Crosby every time he played us too. Matthews I totally get though. 

Yeah with Crosby.  People kinda chose Ovie over him... though I feel like Sid won a lot of people over throughout the years.  Bouncing back from those concussions.  Team Canada. I have a lot of time for him now.

• Vintage 1

Brady and Rodgers aren't diving every chance they get.

• Haha 1