The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does the mess Bergevin has created in Montreal with his terrible off season force his hand in grossly overpaying for Eichel?

3 firsts + Suzuki!  

thats an interesting take... you have to wonder If it does. Obviously the picks for JK help a lot in that deal. I can't see Bergeclown moving from Suzuki, unless of course he's not open to signing an extension. He just saw how JK was treated, and guys like Subban before him in Montreal. Bergeclown has no loyalty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently BUF wants to send Eichel west so as not to play against him often.  And is willing to accept a bit less to do so.

Eichel ($2M retained) + Jokiharju

for

Miller + Myers + Rathbone + 2nd 2022 + 1st 2023

BUF can potentially trade Miller and Myers later for an additional 2 x 1sts.

Lol

::D

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Apparently BUF wants to send Eichel west so as not to play against him often.  And is willing to accept a bit less to do so.

for

Lol

I think if that deal was on the table Jim would do it. I'd want that 1st to be conditional tho on # of games played. 

2 hours ago, BPA said:

for

Lol

No thanks.  Huge risk there.  We've struggled with our D for a long time and now we'd create two more gaps on the backend.  Also, Miller is exactly the type of player I want on the team in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

for

Lol

And who’s gonna play D for us?

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Key words "Should Be"

If we are playing that game than we should mention that Petey was concussed before and missed like 40 games last year with a wrist injury. So his injury past isn't exactly great and he's only played 3 seasons. Petey "should be" fine coming back from a concussion and a wrist injury. Who knows where his shot is after missing so many games due to an injured wrist and who knows what state his melon is in. The brain is so sensitive you never know just what kind of damage any concussion might have done.

Regardless, I doubt Buffalo does a 1 for 1 Petey for Eichel trade. Especially with no contract for Petey. Negotiations would at this point start over and with the season just down the road they don't wanna be negotiating with him come November. And if we re-sign Petey and it's a long term deal than I'd rather just keep him. Since he's younger and has history with the team. So a trade makes no sense for either team with and without a contract for Petey.

32 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If we are playing that game than we should mention that Petey was concussed before and missed like 40 games last year with a wrist injury. So his injury past isn't exactly great and he's only played 3 seasons. Petey "should be" fine coming back from a concussion and a wrist injury. Who knows where his shot is after missing so many games due to an injured wrist and who knows what state his melon is in. The brain is so sensitive you never know just what kind of damage any concussion might have done.

Regardless, I doubt Buffalo does a 1 for 1 Petey for Eichel trade. Especially with no contract for Petey. Negotiations would at this point start over and with the season just down the road they don't wanna be negotiating with him come November. And if we re-sign Petey and it's a long term deal than I'd rather just keep him. Since he's younger and has history with the team. So a trade makes no sense for either team with and without a contract for Petey.

On the Canucks perspective I would still take EP because you still have more peak or prime years of EP than Eichel.

The point I will make with Eichel though is that he should still be fine if he's part of a team that can protect him and is in win now mode. 

Which makes feel, as of now, that The Islanders would actually be the best fit for Eichel. Plus a Eichel + Barzal + Nelson center depth is scary 

Edited by iinatcc

6 hours ago, BPA said:

for

Lol

Take Miller out and they have a deal.