The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Dubas would be smarter trading Matthews to a US market for a serious return.  What would the Coyotes owner give up to get Matthews?  Likely too much.  But the Leafs aren’t trading their Richard winner.  They will instead see him walk in two years. 

I agree. Actually, the time to trade AM may have been when they had JT first line, Kadri second line on a cheap contract. Imagine what AM could of fetched then. But hindsight, that would of taken big balls. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, lmm said:

Is he though?

Marner played 55 regular season games

Pettersson played 26

The fact that Pettersson was injured isn't indicative of how capable he is of managing physicality. Players get injured.  

11 hours ago, lmm said:

while I'm on that rant

Why do people love Motte?

I think it's because he's a hard checking, tenacious forward. I like Motte, but no more than I like MacEwen. 

11 hours ago, lmm said:

24 games this year and 34 last

Petey and Motte did not combine for a full season

Yeah, it was a &^@#ed up season.

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The fact that Pettersson was injured isn't indicative of how capable he is of managing physicality. Players get injured.  

I think it's because he's a hard checking, tenacious forward. I like Motte, but no more than I like MacEwen. 

Yeah, it was a &^@#ed up season.

Petey got injured because he's willing to take more lumps than Marner. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Just listened to Shanahan talk about what they need to do. I still feel more than ever, his biggest mistake was letting Lou Lamorillo go.

What a gong show!

The biggest mistake was being totally reliant on the salary cap going up. They are pretty much fd. No way they can surround the core with the players they need with a flat cap

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Just listened to Shanahan talk about what they need to do. I still feel more than ever, his biggest mistake was letting Lou Lamorillo go.

What a gong show!

I love this one

"There's a killer instinct that is missing that we need to address." 

Ya think? Dubas thought signing has beens like Simmonds and Thornton would change that? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

I like what was pointed out to Shanahan that NO TEAM has lost in the first round 5 times in a row went on to win the cup.

He shrugged that off. LOL

Of course he would. He'll never admit that he's the architect of this garbage. What a clown.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I love this one

"There's a killer instinct that is missing that we need to address." 

Ya think? Dubas thought signing has beens like Simmonds and Thornton would change that? 

Meanwhile Montreal picked up Perry on the cheap 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

And on the Habs Perry can play a role as a support guy, because their top minute guys play hard and the right way.  Their top minute guys have character and are the leaders.  TO's top minute guys haven't been their leaders, which is a serious problem.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Well, they already have a rock solid, cold as ice goaltender, a fearless man mountain in their captain and top defenseman, and one of the most tenacious forecheckers in the game in Gallagher, so adding a pest who can skate and score like Perry was just icing on the cake after signing Toffoli and Anderson. The Canadiens are a formidable opponent on every level, while the Makeme Laughs were only really formidable from a scoring perspective. Bergevin is a much better, more well rounded GM then Harry Pott....I mean Kyle Dumbass is. 

Good luck against Winnipeg.......ya prick.:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, rekker said:

Absolutely not. I was one of the few that believed in the twins. Even as youngsters the twins could take the punishment needed to make a play and their puck possession skills were there. Oh, and they weren't the highest paid in the NHL at that time. I believe Marner is the highest paid winger in the NHL, think about that, the highest paid winger in the NHL and he disappeared this post season. He's scared of contact, literally. His trade value at the moment is based on a mix of sklll, underwhelming playoffs, bad contract. If he isn't putting up points he's useless. Their PP was brutal and he's paid to make it work with his passing. Borderline cap dump at this point. 11 million per? Flat cap? Good luck with that TO. 

Panarin is actually the highest paid winger, and he couldn’t even take his team into the playoffs since signing with the Rangers. Despite his team winning the draft lottery twice these past two years. 

I’m not justifying he’s worth his contract, (according to @jfreshhockey) his market value is 9.3M, but I think a lot of people are really undervaluing Marner as a player. He’s amongst atop in most offensive categories along the best of the best.

8 hours ago, rekker said:

Oh, picking hilites of the highest paid winger in the NHL is entertaining for sure. Especially in this year's crap North Division. No need to post this years playoff successes or his contract though,  I've seen enough of that. 

Marner has been doing this kind of stuff since his junior’s days. He’s a motor in the offensive zone, causing turnovers. So the notion of “Hyman is the one always retrieving the puck” is false. Since entering the league, he’s ranked 3rd in takeaways, only behind Stone and McDavid.

Edited by shiznak