The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

Just now, Scottydzik said:

Well that was problem people wanna pay 6 dollar defencemen to be 3rd pairing both guys played as fringe 4th defencemen more like 5th and 6th 

i have a lot more faith and time for schmidt.

hansen thinks he’s a #4 but i think he’s probably a #2 if paired with the right guy. i’d bet it was a down year. 

myers tho - yup.

Just now, Tom Sestito said:

i have a lot more faith and time for schmidt.

hansen thinks he’s a #4 but i think he’s probably a #2 if paired with the right guy. i’d bet it was a down year. 

myers tho - yup.

Yup that’s problem Schmidt Myers can play together and either can play Hughes so it’s clear we trade one or leave Myers exposed 

Been listening to 650 and they had Paul Hamilton (Sabres Reporter) on.  He's been reporting on the team for 40 years and said Reinhart's in his top 5 for miserable players.  Says he can't comment on what he's like in the room (COVID, etc.) but that he's miserable with others - media, training and other staff, etc.

No thanks...don't need anyone with a bad attitude.  I mean, at least JT takes his out on the ice and it's usually not directed at his own team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Been listening to 650 and they had Paul Hamilton (Sabres Reporter) on.  He's been reporting on the team for 40 years and said Reinhart's in his top 5 for miserable players.  Says he can't comment to what he's like in the room (COVID, etc.) but that he's miserable with others - media, training and other staff, etc.

No thanks...don't need anyone with a bad attitude.  I mean, at least JT takes his out on the ice and it's usually not directed at his own team.

Constant losing will do that.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Been listening to 650 and they had Paul Hamilton (Sabres Reporter) on.  He's been reporting on the team for 40 years and said Reinhart's in his top 5 for miserable players.  Says he can't comment to what he's like in the room (COVID, etc.) but that he's miserable with others - media, training and other staff, etc.

I mean, it could just be he really dislikes Buffalo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Miller is miserable when he loses too. Just a sign of a fierce competitor.

I’d be pissed too if I was wasting away prime years in a frozen hell hole. I’m gonna guess 3 of his “top 5” most miserable players are currently on the team.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Buffalo is a dogs breakfast right now.  That has to be considered.  Reinhart has publically stated he wants out and would like to come here. Further WRT to Reinhart, did they have anyone on who coached him at NSWC? How about junior? How about anyone who knows him outside of the Buffalo organization? His dad is Paul Reinhart and his mom and dad live in West Van and Sam grew up playing for NSWC. There's a lot of good here - aside from one media hack slamming him.

Pretty shallow assessment there Deb.  

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yeah I heard that too.. raised a red flag to me. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yeah. If I inadvertently got shat into a colonoscopy bag, I would dislike it too. 

A smaller, colder, dirtier Toronto that has train wreck owners and GMs. What's not to like? 

If Buffalo agrees to take on Eriksson and Roussel's salary, I'd trade 9th overall pick for Reinhart.

That should give us enough cap space to sign an RHD and sign a 3C at 2-3 mil on a short term deal.

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Reinhart

Hoglander-3C-Podkolzin

Highmore-Sutter-Motte

QH-RHD

Edler-Schmidt

Juolevi-Myers

Rathbone

Demko

DiPietro

Depending on who we get on RHD and 3C, that lineup should be good enough to make the playoffs and make some noise once there.

Jim calls Sam

JB: “Hey sam its Jim Benning we are talkibg to the sabres about acquiring you thru a trade would you be willibg to sign an extension with us?

Sam: “i will take 20 mill for 5 years to get out of this effin hellhole, do the trade”

JB: “okay but be nice to the staff okay”

Sam: “Sure”

17 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Gotta say we see things very differently. I think as bad as things were last season without an insanely crap schedule, Covid and Petey getting hurt we make the playoffs. The team like most of us predicted would be better after that dumb 19 games in 27 days with no practise and no pre-season to start the year and they were much better 12-5 even without Petey until covid gutted the team and had them play an unprecedented final 20 games. I guess we find out in a couple of months.   

I agree. I think we get a mulligan last season, and feel we also shot ourselves in the foot by a brutal start. I'm completely confident we will see better results this coming season. 

I believe in this core 100%, and think Benning just needs to bolster a few areas. A legit top 6 winger and a true compliment to Hughes are two glaring areas imo. A good 3rd line center couldn't hurt, but if we got a top 6 winger I could see options with what we have to move into that role just fine. I'm warming to the idea of Sam if we could send cap back.

But the biggest thing to me? This team will never be successful until we stop giving up so many chances. Be it poor on-ice choices by the players or poor coaching and systems, it's absolutely frustrating to watch and isn't the kind of structure that wins playoff games without your goalie being godlike every. Single. Game.

Edited by kloubek

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know if its full of nuts, or you get that nasty orange one. 

I'm not too worried, I've met a lot of grumpy people from North Van.

• Haha 1

I read a day ago that the Kings were looking into Reinhart and their 8oa pick was up for grabs. Sam may get his wish to be out west but further south.

As nice as having Sam would be I'd rather wait and see which prospect is available at 9, if Clarke is there rather draft him than trade him for Sam. 

Also rumour is Sakic may not have the money for Gabe Landeskog and may hope that he doesn't want to move and try to get him under 6mil on a longer term deal ie: 5 or 6 years. If he gets to FA I'd rather give the 6 mil to Gabe than Sam but that's just me.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yeah, don't want to poison what seems to be a great locker room. That said, from what I've heard from others who dealt with him, Kesler was pretty bad when he was here.

• Cheers 1