The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now Official - Canucks Lottery pick from 9th position

Rate this topic

grandmaster

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We get a top 10 pick, which is going to yield a good prospect.  There’s a good chance the guy we draft at 9 ends up just as good, or even better than the guys at the top.  

True, but for some here the poor kid will never lose the stigma of "only being a 9th OA pick".

regards,  G.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This is one draft where we don't really need to move up apparently. Solid group from 1-10, no clear foundational player.

That said I'll take top 3 pick any day just won't be too bummed if we are picking at #9.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

This is one draft where we don't really need to move up apparently. Solid group from 1-10, no clear foundational player.

That said I'll take top 3 pick any day just won't be too bummed if we are picking at #9.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Top 3 goes to Chicago, Rangers, and Kings? 

• Sad 3

Considering the odds of where the Canucks will likely pick, I'm projecting one of two or three things:

1.) The Canucks stand where they are, and draft someone like McTavish (C/W), Lambos (D), or ?

2.) The Canucks trade down a spot or two and pick Lambos (D) at that spot. This would depend on Canucks information gathering as to the intentions of teams lower than themselves as to who they are looking at as far as prospects and positions.

3.) real off the board, I don't see the Canucks trading up so, the Canucks pick at 9th, AND they trade "something" in order to get another pick in the top-15 to 20 (Ceulemans?)

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Getting a pick in the top three would be a huge coup. Not something that usually happens for the Canucks though lol 

Haha I was going to say with a 1.4% chance to drop to 11th you know that's what will happen

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Exactly same result for my first and only sim. VAN at #2, it’s official...

So I have to get rid of my 10 times in a row with the Canucks getting #1 OA? ... damn.

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

We will get one of Power, Eklund, Clark, Benier, Guenther, Johnson, Edvinsson or Hughes.  At least 1 team will go off the board and let us get one of these guys.  We will be in good shape.

I guess this also locks us into the 41 spot as well.

Not for sure.   We could also slip two spots lol.