The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Things have turned sour in the RNH contract negotiations

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I mean Reinhart and Domi combined make as much as Eriksson and Holtby.

It all depends what we’re able to do with buyouts, the expansion draft, and contract terminations. We could have a decent amount of cap.

If Benning is true about being aggressive then we need to make a couple big moves like Montreal did last summer.

Reinhart Pettersson Boeser

Domi Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Miller Podkolzin 

Motte Beagle Lockwood/Lind/Highmore

Two big moves and our top 9 is looking amazing.

we're going to need 4 lines that can be relentless if we're going to get past Vegas or the Av's, and thats looking pretty good to me.

We'd have to move Schmidt to make the cap room for that, but maybe thats OK. 

I wonder if CBJ would have interest in Schmidt? he's probably their #3 guy there. Maybe move him for Domi and a late pick? 

If Jim can do that, the Jake and Holtby buyouts and bit of cap savings from Nate vs Domi gets us most of the way to Sammy's salary.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we're going to need 4 lines that can be relentless if we're going to get past Vegas or the Av's, and thats looking pretty good to me.

I wonder if CBJ would have interest in Schmidt? he's probably their #3 guy there. Maybe move him for Domi and a late pick? 

If Jim can do that, the Jake and Holtby buyouts and bit of cap savings from Nate vs Domi gets us most of the way to Sammy's salary.

Yea I was thinking Schmidt is the odd man out.

Not that I think he wants out (that’s been debunked) but to me offers value to another team and it may be risky for us to go another season with him if he just isn’t a fit here.

Their may be some other decent top 4 D men available for cheap due to the expansion draft. I think we should be exploring that.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Our D will be absolute trash on the right side though.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea I was thinking Schmidt is the odd man out.

Not that I think he wants out (that’s been debunked) but to me offers value to another team and it may be risky for us to go another season with him if he just isn’t a fit here.

Their may be some other decent top 4 D men available for cheap due to the expansion draft. I think we should be exploring that.

I'd hate to send Nate to Buffalo, he's a good guy and doesn't deserve that. But CBJ may want him. 

If we drop to 10 on Wednesday, I'd be OK with moving that for Reinhart. 

But Benning seems to have a knack for coming up with deals no one saw coming, so who the heck knows? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd hate to send Nate to Buffalo, he's a good guy and doesn't deserve that. But CBJ may want him. 

But Benning seems to have a knack for coming up with deals no one saw coming, so who the heck knows? 

The real improvement needs to be balanced though. Our D would be garbage.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The real improvement needs to be balanced though. Our D would be garbage.

Our D was garbage with Nate.

We don’t necessarily need to spend big to improve our D. Just some deft trades and signings for undervalued guys.

2 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

I see where you're coming from for sure, but I do not think we are a rebuilding team anymore. The whole team collectively got &^@#ed by the variant, and resulted in double penetration with a condensed end to the schedule, while the beginning was already pretty tough. That, Pettersson's wrist, Miller being lost in space and a couple other things really &^@#ed us right.

Regardless, I guess we can conservatively say we are HOPEFULLY at the tail end of our rebuild. 

Just have to sell it to whoever you want to get.

PLUS ITS THE BEST HOCKEY TOWN IN THE &^@#ING WORLD LETS GET IT

The Rock Comedy GIF by Baywatch Movie

we might be at the end of our rebuild but we've still missed the playoffs 6 times since 2013

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our D was garbage with Nate.

We don’t necessarily need to spend big to improve our D. Just some deft trades and signings for undervalued guys.

Nate wasnt the main reason our D was garbage. How they are coached to play defense is the biggest problem imo.

Not opposed to moving him but the qustion is who will be replacing him.

When I think deft trading and undervalued signings, Benning is not the GM I think of.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Nate wasnt the main reason our D was garbage. How they are coached to play defense is the biggest problem imo.

Not opposed to moving him but the qustion is who will be replacing him.

When I think deft trading and undervalued signings, Benning is not the GM I think of.

So much for his clean slate I guess. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I didnt say he wont be able to do it, I said historically he hasnt shown a great affinity for doing so.

One has nothing to do with the other.

It was very much implied and now your side stepping. 

8 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

Nuge was over-paid at $6mil. He is soft, best suited to the wing and is a good player, not great. IMO he is worth a maximum of five million for a maximum of five seasons.

You're right. He was over-paid because he was a 1st overall pick. Hasn't lived up to that. Too soft. Pass.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Schmidt has a 10-team no-trade list. I promise you that Buffalo is on it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1