The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks working on Duncan Keith trade to Pacific Northwest or Western Canada

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Hopefully JB et al aren’t considering this one but, and all Canuck fan bias aside, a prime aged Keith was probably the best D man of the previous decade IMO. 

Don't agree with this as he was terrible for the 2nd half of the previous decade

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It is somewhat likely that Keith cost this team a cup. Not a reach to say that we may have beaten LA with Daniel healthy - it certainly would have been closer. And we all know what LA did that year.

Definitely 3/4 Kings wins were one goal games. Who knowns Daniel Sedin likely would have tipped those in our favour. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I don't agree, I think that was a very very deep chicago team during his best years. I also think to be labeled the best, You have to display you can excel in more then just the scoresheet.
I'm picking weber over keith at any point in their careers personally 

Prime Weber would be the other person I’d put on that short list. I think you’re selling Keith a little short though. He was really, really good at his peak. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Definitely 3/4 Kings wins were one goal games. Who knowns Daniel Sedin likely would have tipped those in our favour. 

And just the overall concern and deflation following the timing of that hit. 

We don't forget.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Prime Weber would be the other person I’d put on that short list. I think you’re selling Keith a little short though. He was really, really good at his peak. 

That's just it, At his peak. What i'm arguing is that during those peak years of his, Those were the same years the entire team peaked as well. Other years he's just pretty good, Later years not so great. Weber has always been consistent. We all know the presence he brings

17 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Keith is Hughes player he wants to model himself off of. wouldn't be a bad thing lol

Hughes is gonna have to be less “huggy” and more “bear” if we wanna win a championship.

This team currently has zero edge to their game. They’re gonna need to learn that at some point. I wouldn’t be against bringing in Keith at a discount for that factor alone.

54 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

image.png.0a1a2fb865b47d9db17fba6a303d985b.png

Nobody can tell me a healthy 2012 Daniel doesn't make a difference there. I don't remember but the first 2 games may have had some empty netters and effectively been 3-2 games... So yeah, don't want to see Keith in a Canucks uni.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

At 38, how many years does he even have left in him? 

1? If any?

Would only need him to play 15 minutes a night on the bottom pair. Doesn’t even have to be that good. Just as good or better than Edler.

Not too often you can add a future hall of famer to mentor your young d men.

I also don’t care if he’s an asshole l. We need more assholes on the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

image.png.0a1a2fb865b47d9db17fba6a303d985b.png

Nobody can tell me a healthy 2012 Daniel doesn't make a difference there. I don't remember but the first 2 games may have had some empty netters and effectively been 3-2 games... So yeah, don't want to see Keith in a Canucks uni.

My preferred garment for Keith is a bodybag.

14 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

That's just it, At his peak. What i'm arguing is that during those peak years of his, Those were the same years the entire team peaked as well. Other years he's just pretty good, Later years not so great. Weber has always been consistent. We all know the presence he brings

I think he was better than pretty good. He was a top 5-10 d man in the league for the better part of a decade. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1