The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But you see that's the problem. How do you describe a Canuck? Canadians are all types and looks. You can go with just a stylized VC but that's pretty boring. 

I'd like to see the orca done by a real First Nations artist. And see how it looks. The fact the fan base is all over the place of what they like and don't like. 

And that changes year by year. I said it before and I'll say it again, this fan base can't even agree on a uniform, let alone anything else. 

i describe a canuck, in the context of the founders of the canuck hockey club as a skating lumberjack with hockey stick, toque and beard in tow. that was the logo they chose to represent their version of what they saw as a canuck representative of their hockey club and nickname. i am aware there are many other versions of what a canuck might be but in this case i am really only interested in the history related to our hockey team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, granpappy said:

i describe a canuck, in the context of the founders of the canuck hockey club as a skating lumberjack with hockey stick, toque and beard in tow. that was the logo they chose to represent their version of what they saw as a canuck representative of their hockey club and nickname. i am aware there are many other versions of what a canuck might be but in this case i am really only interested in the history related to our hockey team.

So a Jersey with Linden, Bure, Naslund, and the Twins? 

11 hours ago, PositionOfPower said:

Seriously what is this??? Also why the heck is the logo off center near the top? Should have gone with the avaitor logo or the millionaires v but upside down with abbotsford printed on it. Would have looked more simple stylish and fierce. Why the heck do canucks jerseys all have to look soft including the orca don't they know outer appearance also plays a big part psychologically on the opponent. (research backs it up)

Real jersey.

8FDF4D1E-7695-4CFD-9899-176987CB50F3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Are you kidding me, @Gawdzukes?  The Monks? 

One of my favorite punk/pop bands from the late 1970s/early 1980s...my go-to song when romancing the girls while back in Junior High was Love in Stereo.  I'm going to dig through my storage room to locate the Bad Habits vinyl now.  I know I have a copy of the CD in storage as well.  I'm on a hunt today. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucksownyou said:

The white version of the jersey is definitely way better than the green one. Not digging all that green.

Yeah, I think if anything, it confirms how I felt about having a green johnny canuck to begin with:

I still think that the logo's too close to the Penguins logo as well. I can't unsee that.

1 hour ago, Nucksownyou said:

The white version of the jersey is definitely way better than the green one. Not digging all that green.

I agree. I think what bothers me is the green on Johnny being the same colour as the jersey itself, it's too much green.