The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

aGENT

2 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

We should have cleared cap.... We start parting with some future year draft capital like many other teams have before us.  Get rid of Loui or Roussel or Beagle or all.  Islanders just cleared Ladd off the books. Loui would have been cheaper due to one less year of term.

We should have been in a better position to weaponize our protection spots instead of using them on middling talents like Pearson and Myers.

Did you see what it cost the Isles to rid of Ladd’s contract???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know much of this fella but the more I read here..for the most part:) the more I like this trade.

Third rounder for a defensive talent who's young, heavy enough and who it sounds like "he's good in the room"

this is a win I say. Fingers crossed we can get him for under 2.25 for 3yrs?

Look forward to seeing you in Canuck's colours... welcome to B.C. 

Edited by Cat Man
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

We should have cleared cap.... We start parting with some future year draft capital like many other teams have before us.  Get rid of Loui or Roussel or Beagle or all.  Islanders just cleared Ladd off the books. Loui would have been cheaper due to one less year of term.

We should have been in a better position to weaponize our protection spots instead of using them on middling talents like Pearson and Myers.

Out of respect to your opinion I kindly ask you to go look up where we are positioned cap wise for this coming year, next year and the year after. Look up what the penalties are for any buyouts, specifically with the players you are mentioning.

We still have to ice a team this season that is competitive. Ownership/fans have demanded it. Without sacrificing future cap that is exactly what Benning is doing. It sucks to have to be patient but that is part of seeing this through effectively and being able to afford the players you want us to acquire. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Honestly, I would be willing to do something like that to move Eriksson and field a more competitive team next season.   Or even Roussel and Beagle in independent deals if there were takers.

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

We have some very very good contracts (JT Miller, Boho, Boeser, hopeful Quinn and EP) right now and I personally don't think it's worth burning a year of those contracts when we could have made some moves to better position ourselves for a potential run this year. Call me drunk or stupid or ignorant or grumpy or whatever other name you want to throw on it.  I have studied our cap and expansion postion intently the last several years in the lead up to this day and am underwhelmed by Jim's actions.  I was very put off by his '2 years away' comment earlier this year after being the one to get us in cap hell and being completely unwilling to trade any picks to get rid of Loui last year (as confirmed by JP Barry).

Edited by The.Burrowers

10 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

You have to decide one way or another. So, are you ok with us giving up draft picks to get rid of bad contract or you don’t want us giving up draft picks? Or do you change your narrative depending on the argument you are picking up? Or perhaps you think people here only pay attention to a single one of your rants at a time?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1