The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade for Dickinson from DAL for a 3rd.

4 minutes ago, RomanP said:

You have to decide one way or another. So, are you ok with us giving up draft picks to get rid of bad contract or you don’t want us giving up draft picks? Or do you change your narrative depending on the argument you are picking up? Or perhaps you think people here only pay attention to a single one of your rants at a time?

I'd rather have saved this 3rd in a package for shedding Loui or another bad contract instead of adding Dicki, that's for damn sure

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Honestly, I would be willing to do something like that to move Eriksson and field a more competitive team next season.   Or even Roussel and Beagle in independent deals if there were takers.

Man just the thought of not having loui around for 1 more year is so tempting. Like go away already pal

image.gif.6ed05e2f00cd8bd3fab2bb02e087c55c.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Patience grasshopper. Lets let these contracts terminate themselves after this season. We aren't cup contenders this year with or without loui. Canucks are gonna have some serious money soon. 

Has nothing to do with patience.  It has every thing to do with demonstrating to the players that losing isn’t acceptable and that management will do whatever it takes to push forward.  This message also needs to be demonstrated towards fans, ownership, and local stakeholders.  

Doing nothing and having another bad season could lead to a toxic environment just as we saw in Buffalo, Columbus, etc.  Guys like JT Miller, Schmidt, and Myers were just brought in to be Christmas ornaments, and it needs to be known that this past season was an anomaly.........and not the 19/20 season.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Man just the thought of not having loui around for 1 more year is so tempting. Like go away already pal

image.gif.6ed05e2f00cd8bd3fab2bb02e087c55c.gif

I actually don’t even mind if Eriksson kept if Roussel and Beagle are moved.  Just find a way to move 6 million.   Eriksson is an overpaid bum but he does seem to play quite well with Pearson and Horvat.   He’s also a smart defensive player.

Just find a way to get rid of 6 million from these three players and build a more competitive team for this coming season.

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Has nothing to do with patience.  It has every thing to do with demonstrating to the players that losing isn’t acceptable and that management will do whatever it takes to push forward.  This message also needs to be demonstrated towards fans, ownership, and local stakeholders.  

Doing nothing and having another bad season could lead to a toxic environment just as we saw in Buffalo, Columbus, etc.  Guys like JT Miller, Schmidt, and Myers were just brought in to be Christmas ornaments, and it needs to be known that this past season was an anomaly.........and not the 19/20 season.

You thinking Miller’s “shocking reboot” comments from after we let Tanev and Tofu go might have something to do with Benning’s efforts now?  

I am a huge fan of this trade as I am a huge fan of good defensive forwards. Our bottom 6 was abysmal last year and this helps solidify our third line. Too bad we couldn’t have picked up a guy like goodrow. Cheap bottom 6 forwards who can contribute both defensively and offensively would do wonders for this team. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

I'd rather have saved this 3rd in a package for shedding Loui or another bad contract instead of adding Dicki, that's for damn sure

I hear ya, I do. I can’t stand the thought of LE having anything to do with this team anymore. It pizzed me right off the first time I heard we signed him.

Little things. What a load. I made a joke in another thread that he is great for the little things…replacing the empty gum box in the dressing room, picking out the pubes in the shower drain so no one drowns and that he's a role model for other on how to play through injury because his heart died out years ago.

I detest his presence. Haha

That said, if you look at the big picture, surrendering picks to get rid of a guy who already cashed in on us is truly just salt in the wound at this point and only adds to the losses that equates to him and his contract. It’s not like we’re in the running for a Seth Jones type and totally totally need that cap this year. Next year we will have that naturally, LeLongo (hate to say it but another deal that buried us) is gone too. It’s just around the corner man, try and hang on.

Just now, Alflives said:

You thinking Miller’s “shocking reboot” comments from after we let Tanev and Tofu go might have something to do with Benning’s efforts now?  

To be honest, I think it was Benning’s and ownerships plan all along that 20-21 was going to be a temporary step back.  Letting Tanev and Markstrom go was absolutely the correct decision in my opinion, although the Toffoli thing appears to be a huge gaffe.

Last year, all of Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel had two years left on their contracts and so moving them weren’t options at the time.  

Also - Gaudette turned out to be a useless turd and so we still needed Sutter in that 3rd C spot.  This off season however, I think all three of Beags, Russ, and Loui are realistically moveable if we are using Ladd as a measuring stick.  I’d easily move Loui to CBJ, Detroit, Anaheim, or *insert team here with cap space* for what the Isles used to move Ladd.

Go get Adam Larsson with that money.

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I actually don’t even mind if Eriksson kept if Roussel and Beagle are moved.  Just find a way to move 6 million.   Eriksson is an overpaid bum but he does seem to play quite well with Pearson and Horvat.   He’s also a smart defensive player.

Just find a way to get rid of 6 million from these three players and build a more competitive team for this coming season.

Seems the team has moved on from Loui.  He only played 7gms last season, so will likely be in Abby for this one.  I would rather have Beagle around, seeing as we don't have a homegrown replacement for him.  If he's healthy, he's an adequate 4C.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Seems the team has moved on from Loui.  He only played 7gms last season, so will likely be in Abby for this one.  I would rather have Beagle around, seeing as we don't have a homegrown replacement for him.  If he's healthy, he's an adequate 4C.

Loui in Abby only saves us like a million in cap (although I get what you’re saying).  I say we move Loui, clear 6 million, and make serious strides to fielding a more competitive team this coming season.

Now more than ever, the players need to be believe that last season was the anomaly (ie this core’s version of 2007/2008), and not the highly successful 2019-2020 season.

26 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

You're not getting rid of Loui for a 3rd.  Are you prepared to lose multiple 2nd round picks?  

Who are you then bringing in to be your 3C?  

Miller           Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson      Horvat          Hoglander

Motte           Dickinson    Podkolzin

Highmore    Beagle         MacEwen

I could live with that.  I'm sure Benning is going to tweak this even more.  But if we went into next season with that lineup I think we would be fine.  We just need to work on the D now.  A couple of RHD is what we need.  Give me some Jani Hakanpaa.  And go all in for Erik Cernak and we are done.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2