The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So a player bolts from a team with two of the best forwards in the league, and Vancouver is the bigger dumpster fire? 

Hockey operations related - yes.

How is Jim going to sign bigger free agents, when his years of contract mismanagement has made it a struggle to have the room to sign our two best players. :wacko:

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 5

12 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

I think in Larsson's case this is a distinct possibility, so stay tuned for more news concerning this player.

Why would Seattle convince him to forego free agency only to trade him further a few days later.  That probably wouldn't go down well. 

With Larsson leaving the glow of McBaby, and Gio likely leaving Calgary this is a great day for us :P we need a lot of parity in our division if we have a chance of making the playoffs so making Edmonton and Cowgary weaker today is good news for us. 

We would have had to do something like 5x5 or more to get Larsson, so I'm glad we didn't do that. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

With Larsson leaving the glow of McBaby, and Gio likely leaving Calgary this is a great day for us :P we need a lot of parity in our division if we have a chance of making the playoffs so making Edmonton and Cowgary weaker today is good news for us. 

We would have had to do something like 5x5 or more to get Larsson, so I'm glad we didn't do that. 

.... and making the Kraken stronger... My prediction is that this Kraken team will make the playoffs right out of the gate.

• Cheers 1