The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Tampering is rampant in every sports league.

He already knew the other offers on the table, just unofficially.

You are clueless. Tampering doesn't apply to UFA players bruh. Seattle had every right to talk to him.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Myers was worth 6 mill.  Market dictated that. My point is that people just don't want the market to be 6 mill for Myers. The problem is that you can't pick and choose the worth of a player.

Yes, but you can still pick and choose what you buy. Just because the market value of some cars is 6 or 7 figures doesn't mean everyone can afford a car that expensive.

If someone else is willing to pay that much, let them have it.

Just now, 4petesake said:

For those constantly complaining about JB overpaying for free agents in salary or term it would be well to remember that by and large we are not signing any premium UFAs without offering one or the other.

Then build your team through the draft and trading and stop focusing on inefficient processes.

In real life, would you invest in something you knew was a bad deal / would get you a bad return?

It's silly.

20 minutes ago, BPA said:

Would probably take a big package of picks and prospects as this would signal a rebuild for BUF.

Risto + Reinhart 

For

1st 2021 (9th) + 2nd 2021 + Lind + OJ/Rathbone + LE.

:sadno:

What has me worried is BUF fans want Risto gone. Is he really that great of an option? From what I understand he can a be a real mess of a dman. The other thing I’m worried about is the losing culture in BUF. I think I recall RR saying a few losses is nothing to get concerned about, when at that time it had been 10 in a row. Maybe he was just spinning positive but that kind of sentiment or outlook wouldn’t go over well here either.

I’d give him a chance though but I fear our fans will rip him a new one after they see his play 

• Cheers 1

Well I'm a little gutted. I've been hyping him up since he seemed to be stalling on the Oilers. 4x4 to boot. Uggg, oh well. Moving on. Hamonic becomes more important again or more likely we'll see something no one expected. Hang on to your hats!

Not surprised that Larsson left Edmonton, 4 x 4 is a bit surprising, I thought Vancouver could offer 4.25 x 5. Good on Kraken they will have a very good team and a lot of good D. I wonder if Edler and Seattle look at each other in a weeks time when FA opens up. Wouldnt be surprised to see him there at 2 - 2.5 x 2 yrs to be a 4,5,6 middle Dman and be a part of the leadership group. Next up to Seattle Landeskog

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

How do Canucks get their holes filled with facing this cap situation?

I mean when they go the free agency route they have to spend money - for sure more money than other NHL teams (because of taxes...)

GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Yes, but you can still pick and choose what you buy. Just because the market value of some cars is 6 or 7 figures doesn't mean everyone can afford a car that expensive.

If someone else is willing to pay that much, let them have it.

Then build your team through the draft and trading and stop focusing on inefficient processes.

In real life, would you invest in something you knew was a bad deal / would get you a bad return?

It's silly.

And yet here we are in a thread where we are all (including myself) bemoaning the fact that Larsson signed somewhere else. Go back to any thread on these boards and tell that to every poster advocating signing Hamilton, Jones, etc,etc, ad nauseum. Build your team through the draft and trades requires considerable patience, something I don’t see a lot of here. Good luck selling that.

The answer isn’t to tell fans that their team can’t have any quality FAs, the answer is to tweak the system. Someone here pointed out that the salary cap should be tied to tax rates to make it more fair.

Great deal for them, though could be sign and trade.

Oleksiak too.  They probably learned from LV to draft lots and lots of D-men and hold an auction for them.

That is two of the big targets for that would have looked good here.

Seattle has purchased the chance to not only be a good team but the Pacific is awful this year, they could very reasonably win it.

I hope the NBA is learning something from this.  If the Grizz ever got a chance to compete they would probably still be in Van.