The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

there's pretty much two options - a Nate trade, or whatever we can get in free agency by buying out Jake and Holtby or a Holtby trade. 

Even just training the 9th oa isn't enough, we still need to create cap space if thats in play. But I really hope we keep that pick. 

We could still do both. There's (for now anyway) still Hamonic, Savard, Hakanpaa and Ceci available as RD UFA's. Still have Edler, McCabe etc on the left.

We could also still trade for Jensen or Manson. We can still trade Schmidt...

There's plenty of avenues... But I did REALLY want Larsson.

16 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Wow, way cheaper contract than expected.  Edmonton in a world of hurt.  Would have liked him a lot at that price, but clearly this was about wanting to be in Seattle and the tax regime there.

I think we have to await edmonton's counterattack.

Maybe Holland silences his critics and signs Hamilton. (O.K. just joking around - this is not going to happen).

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

We could still do both. There's (for now anyway) still Hamonic, Savard, Hakanpaa and Ceci available as RD UFA's. Still have Edler, McCabe etc on the left.

We could also still trade for Jensen or Manson. We can still trade Schmidt...

There's plenty of avenues... But I did REALLY want Larsson.

I know. It must have been one hell of a sales pitch to get him to actually take a small pay cut from his last deal. 

I think the Oleksiak part should be getting a lot of attention too.  These are two solid D that would have been targets for a lot teams.  It also takes away options for other teams wanting to upgrade.

I think Seattle corners the market on D and then starts auctioning some off after expansion.

I am holding onto the hope that we have a big deal in place that is just waiting for expansion to be done.  Something the left of the oft mentioned Reinhart+Ristolainen package.

As it stands we are likely a lottery team again next year…and I am done with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I know. It must have been one hell of a sales pitch to get him to actually take a small pay cut from his last deal. 

Seattle is a decent place to live... that's a big part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I think the Oleksiak part should be getting a lot of attention too.  These are two solid D that would have been targets for a lot teams.  It also takes away options for other teams wanting to upgrade.

I think Seattle corners the market on D and then starts auctioning some off after expansion.

I am holding onto the hope that we have a big deal in place that is just waiting for expansion to be done.  Something the left of the oft mentioned Reinhart+Ristolainen package.

As it stands we are likely a lottery team again next year…and I am done with that.

Schmidt + 9OA for Rhino and Risto?  We will all quickly forget about that Edmonton guy who went to Seattle.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Honolulu I'd consider. If I could figure a way to make a living there. 

I suppose you could just sleep on the beach, eat free coconuts and pineapple and just be high all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Would probably take a big package of picks and prospects as this would signal a rebuild for BUF.

Risto + Reinhart 

For

1st 2021 (9th) + 2nd 2021 + Lind + OJ/Rathbone + LE.

:sadno: