The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Schmidt + 9OA for Rhino and Risto?  We will all quickly forget about that Edmonton guy who went to Seattle.  

Yep… that is the basics of a possible deal, with other pieces going different ways to make the money work.  If Schmidt doesn’t waive to go there, then something else that brings the same return.

It doesn’t have to be that exact deal, but something of that scale.  

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that seems a little over reactive. If our best young guys were asking to leave then maybe but not because of this.

If anything it shows that the McDavid effect isn' as strong as it was. Larsson also would have had multiple teams interested at that point but he clearly likes the idea of Seattle. 

Plus tax dollars saved, although I still think he shortchanged himself when it comes to contract. Who knows, maybe to him there’s also some aspect of being part of history as the first UFA signed or original member of a new team.

What worries me is that Francis sold him that the team is going to be highly competitive out of the gate and perhaps indicated who else they intend to sign or select to flesh out the roster.

Its still fluid, but I mentioned it in another thread a week or so ago that there is an amazing opportunity for the Kraken to dominate our division and possibly go deeper than us in their first year. I really hope I’m wrong about that.

Anyway, if true, two really good signings for the Krakheads that appear we have the makings of a legit rivalry off the hop.

They stole our coveted Dman before we could, haha

Good contract, Kraken welcome cheap ELC Kole Lind for the Canucks also. Easy choice vs a 4m plus back up...but that is okay he was only a rising prospect with upside who just transitioned to C last season, but we will trade a pick to protect a newly acquired player instead of our own home grown talent.

Not shocked at all by this, Coach Green didn't trust either Gadj or Lind in their supposed show case last season so no shock to me at all be chose to expose our own prospects, gotta try to win now to save the GM and coaches jobs.

I think DIckinson will do well for us, just sad to see a recent 2nd rounder go without us giving them much of a chance to see what they could do.

Kraken, go the cheap route and make teams sweat out the bad contracts I hope!!!

1 hour ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Ugh. That’s the one player I wanted us to get in UFA. Of course he would be off the market before we even have a chance. Darn. 

Or in the words of certain posters, the GM overpaid because he paid enough for the player to sign right away - as in the case of how posters criticized the Myers signing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Larsson was the one dman i wanted (realistically) on a medium to long-term deal.

I'm okay only signing a depth d-man this year and hoping to make a bigger splash next year.

Benning seems to run out of time everytime these signings happen.

• RoughGame 6

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Or in the words of certain posters, the GM overpaid because he paid enough for the player to sign right away - as in the case of how posters criticized the Myers signing.

Larsson is worth 4 million per year though

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I was shocked waking up to only see 4x4 for Larsson. Should have waited until free agency he probably could have got better. Kind of bummed we didn’t get the chance to sign him.

Tampering is rampant in every sports league.

He already knew the other offers on the table, just unofficially.

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Not good, on many levels. The Canucks are no longer a team players are attracted to. Crap team, crap media. Not good.

The reality is that there are many teams that have difficulty attracting players, particularly those in regions with high tax rates. The quality of the city and team or it’s top players can sometimes overcome this but this is not the year that we were likely to improve through free agency.

Mark Methot doesn’t say anything we don’t already know but it was interesting to hear  it from a player. For those constantly complaining about JB overpaying for free agents in salary or term it would be well to remember that by and large we are not signing any premium UFAs without offering one or the other.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Larsson is worth 4 million per year though

Myers was worth 6 mill.  Market dictated that. My point is that people just don't want the market to be 6 mill for Myers. The problem is that you can't pick and choose the worth of a player.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Plus tax dollars saved, although I still think he shortchanged himself when it comes to contract. Who knows, maybe to him there’s also some aspect of being part of history as the first UFA signed or original member of a new team.

What worries me is that Francis sold him that the team is going to be highly competitive out of the gate and perhaps indicated who else they intend to sign or select to flesh out the roster.

Its still fluid, but I mentioned it in another thread a week or so ago that there is an amazing opportunity for the Kraken to dominate our division and possibly go deeper than us in their first year. I really hope I’m wrong about that.

Anyway, if true, two really good signings for the Krakheads that appear we have the makings of a legit rivalry off the hop.

They stole our coveted Dman before we could, haha

what would be surprising is if Seattle didn't come out of today with a solid team.

I'm not that worried. We were pretty close to taking Vegas in 7 and they had all the goodies given to them too. Thats why you play the games.

Maybe the best thing Jims done all year is lock up Demko, he's going to be so important to our success in this division. 

• Cheers 1