The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  I don't think Benning is done yet.  Look for a Schmidt and Holtby trade and a Virtanen buyout.  We need to go all in now.  A 4C and 2 RHD is what we need for our team to be complete.

I maybe we sign either Savard or Coleman, but that's too much to hope for, might also be too much salary.

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  I don't think Benning is done yet.  Look for a Schmidt and Holtby trade and a Virtanen buyout.  We need to go all in now.  A 4C and 2 RHD is what we need for our team to be complete.

What if they went with Schmidt, Myers and Hamonic on the right side?  It could be a helluva lot worse

I think that Schmidt gets moved and Virt bought out. Holtby, who knows.  Chatfield apparently won't be back

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

What if they went with Schmidt, Myers and Hamonic on the right side?  It could be a helluva lot worse

I think that Schmidt gets moved and Virt bought out. Holtby, who knows.  Chatfield apparently won't be back

Hamonic yes, Schmidt needs to be traded as we have OEL now.  Also need the cap space.  Sign Hamonic and Hakanpaa.  

With Beags and Roussel gone, a huge opportunity for Lockwood/Gadjovich has opened. 

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Highmore - MacEwen

Gadjovich - Lockwood

I'm really liking the makeup of our bottom 6 so far. 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree, except McDavid's 130-150 points might get them there along with Draisaitl's 100+ points in the weak Pacific division.

Of course, Smith may falter then they are screwed. 

They lost Larsson and did not replace him. 

Keith is over the hill.

Is Klefbom coming back? A lot of question marks on that team, they might as well miss the playoffs.

Must admit that I’m looking forward to booing Keith, a little more often & in perpetuity. 

Each & every time he will have to give a sheepish explanation to his kids when asked, “ Why do all those people in Vancouver boo as you play the puck, daddy?” 

He’ll have to admit to gooning an impeccably honourable future-hall-of-fame union bro with a deliberate & vindictive blind-side elbow because he’s incapable of controlling his temper  & often acts or behaves like a maliciously vindictive arse, on the ice. 

A proper in-city on-air apology for that move, (which may have cost the Canucks a subsequent Stanley Cup run, when Daniel Sedin was side-lined for a portion of the 2012 1st round where they lost out to the eventual 2012 SC Champions), is long over-due.

^The booing won’t stop until then… or until Keith retires.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I like me some Hakanpaa.  And bring back Hamonic.  That should solve the RHD problem.  Just need to find a really good 4C...

CAR

Schmidt

VAN

Hakanpaa

Edited by Me_

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

With Beags and Roussel gone, a huge opportunity for Lockwood/Gadjovich has opened. 

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Highmore - MacEwen

Gadjovich - Lockwood

I'm really liking the makeup of our bottom 6 so far. 

I'd love to take a flyer on Anisimov too.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Jake actually worked hard last off season. The incident took place in 2017.

i realize the incident was years ago.. i was referring to the fact that his on ice play was so ineffective (to say it nicely).  last year was the year for him to become a key player on this team, yet he still never raised his play to an acceptable level.

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Must admit. - I’m looking forward to booing Keith, a little more often & in perpetuity. 

Each & every time he will have to give a sheepish explanation to his kids when asked, “ Why do all those people in Vancouver boo as you play the puck, daddy?” 

He’ll have to admit to gooning a future-hall-of-fame union bro with a deliberate & vindictive blind-side elbow because he’s incapable of controlling his temper  & often acts or behaves like a maliciously vindictive arse, on the ice. 

A proper in-city on-air apology for that move, (which may have cost the Canucks a subsequent Stanley Cup run, when Daniel Sedin was side-lined for a portion of the 2012 1st round where they lost out to the eventual 2012 SC Champions), is long over-due.

^The booing won’t stop until then… or until Keith retires.  

Even then, the booing won't stop.  I'll boo at his funeral and then urinate on his tombstone.

• Haha 4