The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

17 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think you should go to Green with your complaints. Green could have used him differently.
It just is silly with your attacks on the player even after he left the team.

Really?  It's Green's fault?  Did he play that much better under Desjardins?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Loui wasn't a fit for the Canucks system, indifferent who was coach. 

It been talked about a lot and still fans here attack Loui...

it's a players job to fit into the system of the team where he consciously chose to sign for 6 years, not the team's job to try to find a system that works for him. 

no matter how you slice it, loui's demise was 100% his own doing. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Sorry, but I'm not buying that.  Loui signed a big deal and didn't perform.  It happens all the time.  Some Player's get the big deal, and then coast through their contract until they either retire, or suddenly have a resurgence in their final year.

Edited by thundernuts

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

The systems are literally made by the coach. "Wasn't a fit for the Canucks system" has no context to the point where it's not even an excuse.

But you are from Sweden and you are going to be biased. I get that. It doesn't make your view realistic though. Have there been players here unfairly attacked in the past? Absolutely, but those players aren't generally using up 6mil in cap space and preventing us from signing other players.

Let me ask you this: Do you at least somewhat agree that the hate is understandable? Do you at least see where the hate comes from from a logical perspective? You don't have to agree with the hate, but if you can at least realise where it comes from that can go a long way.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

Unless Loui catches lightning in a bottle in the final year of his contract, I can't see him scoring more than 30-35 points next season with the Coyotes.  He can still be a useful player and with increased usage, maybe he produces a fair bit more than he did in his time with the Canucks.  His hands just looked like they had declined significant soon after he joined the Canucks, even when it looked like he was trying.

I don't wish a terrible season on Loui but I would be both surprised and curious if he suddenly finds another gear in Arizona.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Did not see the game.

Do tell.

He played a great game. If putting the points aside, he looked awesome. Skated well, made smart plays at both ends of the ice, and was surprisingly physical. Looks like he has a lot of good hockey left in him. Not putting to much into 1 preseason game, but here's hoping.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, The Lock said:

The systems are literally made by the coach. "Wasn't a fit for the Canucks system" has no context to the point where it's not even an excuse.

As a coach you can't change a player in every way you want. This means that when Benning got him he didn't think it through properly.

So the 6 mill is on Benning. 

As other hefty contracts during a few years while Benning spent all cap while the Canucks were at the bottom. 

But you are from Sweden and you are going to be biased. I get that. It doesn't make your view realistic though.

I don't call myself biased only because I know more about this situation, beside Petey and Dahlen, than other players that played for the Canucks.

Let me ask you this: Do you at least somewhat agree that the hate is understandable? Do you at least see where the hate comes from from a logical perspective? You don't have to agree with the hate, but if you can at least realise where it comes from that can go a long way.

The hate isn't understandable for me.

I thought this was a hockey forum.

Not gossip and $&!#talk forum.

If people talked more hockey they would understand why it went bad for Loui and understood his situation. 

The one thing I can't wrap my head around is why more fans here don't blame Benning for the expensive contract. Can you explain the logical in that? Why?

He is the guy who let players like Loui get 6 mill... 

• Wat 4

8 hours ago, tas said:

it's a players job to fit into the system of the team where he consciously chose to sign for 6 years, not the team's job to try to find a system that works for him. 

no matter how you slice it, loui's demise was 100% his own doing. 

What?? 

Loui had no idea he would be in that system with par example Green. 

This is on Benning that talked with both coach and Sedins. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 3

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

What?? 

Loui had no idea he would be in that system with par example Green. 

This is on Benning that talked with both coach and Sedins. 

You can’t be serious. A professional hockey player that gets paid $6 mil a year should be able to adopt to any system in his 5 years with one club. If he can’t - it’s entirely on him. No coach in the world would be changing the whole system just to fit one player…

Edited by RomanP
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

As a coach you can't change a player in every way you want. This means that when Benning got him he didn't think it through properly.

So the 6 mill is on Benning. 

As other hefty contracts during a few years while Benning spent all cap while the Canucks were at the bottom. 

I don't call myself biased only because I know more about this situation, beside Petey and Dahlen, than other players that played for the Canucks.

The hate isn't understandable for me.

I thought this was a hockey forum.

Not gossip and $&!#talk forum.

If people talked more hockey they would understand why it went bad for Loui and understood his situation. 

The one thing I can't wrap my head around is why more fans here don't blame Benning for the expensive contract. Can you explain the logical in that? Why?

He is the guy who let players like Loui get 6 mill... 

I only gave you the Loui emoji because it's ironic we're talking about a player who was highly hyped coming here, by all accounts 90% earned his contract given his credentials from both Dallas and Boston ..... folks were actually stoked with the signing (not all - but most).... seemed like a great fit for the Sedins who were still actually pretty good then too.   

LE spent the majority of his time in the top six and on the PK.   Especially his first couple years and was a fixture (blocking JV to some folks dismay) with Horvat almost right to the end ... almost. Finally TG had enough and he got what he earned again, which was a bench warmer.    Hoglander completely out hustled and played him last season, and it was the right thing to do.   

Sure blame JB for his last jab at a failed re-tool, maybe LE was overpaid by .5 - at the very most 1 million...that's it.   For what he'd done with his career.   And one year longer too.    Obviously he cashed in, but i'm sure some other sucker would have given him almost the same too.   

One thing i'm in total agreement with, is the hate became a little bit of a rebuild frustration lighting rod.   A bad bad contract.  And like you i also defended him from time to time (he's still a good PKer) .... because i don't think anyone but one player in our history deserves to be called trash.    Once you put the uniform you are a Canuck .... unless your an ex Oiler/Ranger that is.  

What happened with LE was 95% on LE and only on LE though.   

Edit:  As far as the rebuild went - we were always going to go through this cycle with the Sedins being virtually untradeable.    Didn't want to waive.   And out of respect were never asked either.   If they wanted a cup they could of signed again... like Thornton/Spezza/Perry and likely Staal. 

Edited by IBatch

22 minutes ago, RomanP said:

You can’t be serious. A professional hockey player that gets paid $6 mil a year should be able to adopt to any system in his 5 years with one club. If he can’t - it’s entirely on him. No coach in the world would be changing the whole system just to fit one player…

No, Benning shouldn’t have paid him six mill til he knew Loui was so adaptable as you think.

• Vintage 1