The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, BobbyClarke said:

Doubt it. No way Arizona wants him to do well. They are setting themselves up to tank for 2022 draft. They accepted our trash for a reason. 

This trade truly was a brilliant move by Benning.  We got rid of three terrible contracts of guys who just can’t keep up any more and got back OEL (a number one D man) and Garland (a top six winger).  This will go down as the best trade in our history.  During the Cup parade in June 2022 people will look back at this trade as the key to that great Cup victory.  

The crapoytes will be happy too.  They will draft 1st (their own) and 12th (from the stupid Habs) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This trade truly was a brilliant move by Benning.  We got rid of three terrible contracts of guys who just can’t keep up any more and got back OEL (a number one D man) and Garland (a top six winger).  This will go down as the best trade in our history.  During the Cup parade in June 2022 people will look back at this trade as the key to that great Cup victory.  

The crapoytes will be happy too.  They will draft 1st (their own) and 12th (from the stupid Habs) 

They don't deserve the first OA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  The Three Legged Coyotes are clearly tanking.  But how nice would it be to see the Quebec Coyotes with Shane Wright, and beating the Habs?  

They aren't going to QC, as nice as your idea would be to see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, BobbyClarke said:

Doubt it. No way Arizona wants him to do well. They are setting themselves up to tank for 2022 draft. They accepted our trash for a reason. 

Even if Loui plays good that’s still a bottom 3 team in the league. I’m sure they’d like him to do good in the last year of his deal and potentially flip him at the deadline retained for more picks. Their gm would look like an genius getting picks to take him then get picks to flip him months later.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Even if Loui plays good that’s still a bottom 3 team in the league. I’m sure they’d like him to do good in the last year of his deal and potentially flip him at the deadline retained for more picks. Their gm would look like an genius getting picks to take him then get picks to flip him months later.

Dumping Loui, even at the 2022 TDL, will cost the three legged Desert Dogs picks.  We got their two best players, and it only cost Dylan "Not as Good as Klimovich" Guenther.

Had to laugh listening to SN650 briefly this morning. They had a Calgary based reporter on, talking about Trieliving and how reasonable it is that it was 'hard to make moves to improve the club this summer'. Largely because the guys you'd like to move (the gnome and Monahan) have diminished trade value and the guys you'd prefer to keep (the puke  and Lindhom)...well, you'd prefer to keep.

Made me think of this trade and how incerdibly well the Canucks did to dump a bunch of negative value players and a decent 1st for legit upgrades...and laugh at CAL's comparative misfortune :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Had to laugh listening to SN650 briefly this morning. They had a Calgary based reporter on, talking about Trieliving and how reasonable it is that it was 'hard to make moves to improve the club this summer'. Largely because the guys you'd like to move (the gnome and Monahan) have diminished trade value and the guys you'd prefer to keep (the puke  and Lindhom)...well, you'd prefer to keep.

Made me think of this trade and how incerdibly well the Canucks did to dump a bunch of negative value players and a decent 1st for legit upgrades...and laugh at CAL's comparative misfortune :lol:

Treleving is such an overrated GM but he doesn't get the same criticism Benning does. 

overpaid for Coleman (term) signed a bunch of plugs on defence and didn't change any of his core players despite promising a big offseason. :lol:

it's funny reading the comments on cowgarypuck saying they will be tighter defensively this season and teams will be intimidated to play against them. :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I've come around on the trade myself, especially after the other moves.  None of the guys I was super high on were available at 9 anyway.

• Cheers 1