The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, I've come around on the trade myself, especially after the other moves.  None of the guys I was super high on were available at 9 anyway.

Yup.  We dumped 3 bad contracts and players plus Geunther.  In return we got a top pairing D, and a top six (play driving) winger.  And the guy we drafted at 42 is better than Geunther.  It's a super win for us!!!  Thank you Arizona.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  We dumped 3 bad contracts and players plus Geunther.  In return we got a top pairing D, and a top six (play driving) winger.  And the guy we drafted at 42 is better than Geunther.  It's a super win for us!!!  Thank you Arizona.  

I'm a fan of our pick too, but he's very raw and would have been a huge reach anywhere before about 25.  He'll take quite a bit of time to develop and we need to be patient.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Me_ said:

He's definitely going to play better than in Van.

My prediction is he'll have a good start and then taper off much similar to what Neal did in Edmonton. He'll be slightly revitalized but then go back to.... well... being LE.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Alflives said:

Dumping Loui, even at the 2022 TDL, will cost the three legged Desert Dogs picks.  We got their two best players, and it only cost Dylan "Not as Good as Klimovich" Guenther.

The whole notion was that if he played good. I was saying it’s ridiculous to think they wouldn’t want him to play well. If he plays well enough maybe you can retain and flip him at the deadline. If he doesn’t play well then you keep him for the year until his contract is done.

• Cheers 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Alflives said:

Dumping Loui, even at the 2022 TDL, will cost the three legged Desert Dogs picks.  We got their two best players, and it only cost Dylan "Not as Good as Klimovich" Guenther.

The whole notion was that if he played good. I was saying it’s ridiculous to think they wouldn’t want him to play well. If he plays well enough maybe you can retain and flip him at the deadline. If he doesn’t play well then you keep him for the year until his contract is done.

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Haha is that 30G (he who shall not be named on these boards) out there?

While relieved we got rid of LE:s contract and the distraction he became I can't help but still root for him in some perverse fashion...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, J-P said:

While relieved we got rid of LE:s contract and the distraction he became I can't help but still root for him in some perverse fashion...

Oh don't get us wrong, I'm sure many of us will be cheering him on when he's on a breakaway on an open net.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh don't get us wrong, I'm sure many of us will be cheering him on when he's on a breakaway on an open net.

Watch him have a last hurrah and score 20.

There HAS. to be a way out of these incompatibilities between team and player at the collective bargaining table next time around.

It’s better for the game, the teams and the players if there is an early way out of such contracts.

Not all suddenly non-productive players are done for. Sometimes people don’t click with a group but would click with another.

28 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Watch him have a last hurrah and score 20.

There HAS. to be a way out of these incompatibilities between team and player at the collective bargaining table next time around.

It’s better for the game, the teams and the players if there is an early way out of such contracts.

Not all suddenly non-productive players are done for. Sometimes people don’t click with a group but would click with another.

There is no way the NHLPA gives up guaranteed contracts. At any time during his contract he could have asked for a mutual termination and the Canucks would have gladly obliged. The fact of the matter is players that are being overpaid don't want to terminate their contracts.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, coryberg said:

There is no way the NHLPA gives up guaranteed contracts. At any time during his contract he could have asked for a mutual termination and the Canucks would have gladly obliged. The fact of the matter is players that are being overpaid don't want to terminate their contracts.

There has to be some level where it's a breach of contract.  LE didn't even try to play like an NHLer at any point here.  A reasonable expectation of signing that kind of contract would be an acceptable effort level and not trying to telecommute for the games.

• Cheers 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, Alflives said:

Guenther with a goal and an assist for 2 pts in his first game... :P

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There has to be some level where it's a breach of contract.  LE didn't even try to play like an NHLer at any point here.  A reasonable expectation of signing that kind of contract would be an acceptable effort level and not trying to telecommute for the games.

I think you should go to Green with your complaints. Green could have used him differently.
It just is silly with your attacks on the player even after he left the team.

• Wat 1