The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jalen Chatfield to hit free agency

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I know what you mean.  I'm too lazy to even try to find the "indifference" reaction here.

Underwhelming during the games he was deployed.  Really made me question why he was even on the ice.

Willie D had Linden Vey

Green had Chatfield

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Damn, we're right back to canceling the parade.... ;)

I generally like him as a D, but he's not going to be more than a 6th or 7th D in the NHL from what I saw last season. We can sign a lot of those this off season.

No surprise.

He had an opportunity to secure the bottom pairing RD slot this season and didn't capitalize on it. He seems to be topping out as a #2 AHL defenseman/call up option. Could see another team taking a chance on him for depth but I won't be shocked if he goes to Europe soon to get make some $$$$$.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, smokes said:

Willie D had Linden Vey

Green had Chatfield

Benning had Chatfield. I feel like this guy got so many chances down in Utica because he was one of Benning's pet projects. Not Chatfield's fault for taking the opportunities given to him, but the Canucks spoke really highly of this guy. 

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Benning had Chatfield. I feel like this guy got so many chances down in Utica because he was one of Benning's pet projects. Not Chatfield's fault for taking the opportunities given to him, but the Canucks spoke really highly of this guy. 

I think it speaks more on how empty our cupboards were of dmen.