The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those are fair points. Anything can happen really. I don’t think Hughes is going anywhere. I can see Horvat re-signing prior to hitting the open market. 

I’m just not sure Miller will do the same thing.  I could be wrong though. IF we did need to free up cap space though I think Miller is the odd man out. Also, if he does want to wait until free agency to shop his services it may be best to trade before that happens him so we get an asset in return. 

I agree that Miller would be far more likely to be dealt or walk that Horvat if push came to shove.  I don't see any way that Horvat isn't a career Canuck,

• Upvote 1

I know it’s early but dang does Klimovich look like a steal.  He’s playing like a high first round pick.  Not just his shot but his speed and physicality.  And scouts were so sour on him.  If they were any good at scouting they’d be working for the Canucks or some other organization instead of criticizing from the side lines.  I’m talking about Cam Robinson and Scouch.  Leave the drafting to the Canucks scouting team.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

So far, looks like we were right that this kid is too far advanced for the Q

That shot of his is a bomb and he seems to have good instincts of where to be in the O zone. Looks like he could use a bit of work in the D zone but nothing that the AHL experience can't improve.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I know it’s early but dang does Klimovich look like a steal.  He’s playing like a high first round pick.  Not just his shot but his speed and physicality.  And scouts were so sour on him.  If they were any good at scouting they’d be working for the Canucks or some other organization instead of criticizing from the side lines.  I’m talking about Cam Robinson and Scouch.  Leave the drafting to the Canucks scouting team.  Thanks. 

Just curious, what was the knock on him as a prospect?

28 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That shot of his is a bomb and he seems to have good instincts of where to be in the O zone. Looks like he could use a bit of work in the D zone but nothing that the AHL experience can't improve.

I think he'll learn a LOT faster in Abbotsford than in Quebec.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Just curious, what was the knock on him as a prospect?

Defense, consistency and maturity. But it seems like his maturity issues were overblown. I suspect it might of been because of COVID and teams not being able to see him play as they usually do. 

Still it appears defensive play is his biggest knock as it stands. He will probably be roughly 2 years away I think(maybe a little more or less). 

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think he'll learn a LOT faster in Abbotsford than in Quebec.

I add value to players that aren't locked into the CHL rule. I feel it hinders players growth and development. Although I do understand why it's in place. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Haha the Huskies team has lost hope to see Klim in Quebec and is trying to get something by trading his rights

Are there trades between the leagues?  Could Klim get traded to the WHL from the Q?  Not that he's going to Junior.  But a local team might want him, just in case.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are there trades between the leagues?  Could Klim get traded to the WHL from the Q?  Not that he's going to Junior.  But a local team might want him, just in case.

He has to be like transfered from the league. It's a free thing but I've seen it happen. Not with a high profile player like this though.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They actually brought another forward from Belarus into the same position, Daniil Bourosh (https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/619376/daniil-bourosh), so if Danila was to be assigned to them, they would have to trade that kid (due to the number of imports, with them already having one more European player). Now they realize that Danila most likely is not going to them, so they are trying to get something for him.

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

His father is a wrestler and he was the first one coaching his kid to shoot. There's a great interview with his father in Russian on one of the Belarussian sites (https://hockey.by/news/intervyu/news147460.html), where he recalls 11 year old Danila was practicing his shot on an open rink when downpour started, yet Danila kept on shooting and his father actually gave up first. Work ethic!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I add value to players that aren't locked into the CHL rule. I feel it hinders players growth and development. Although I do understand why it's in place. 

I would like to see that rule modified so that 1st  & 2nd rounder draft picks were allowed to play in the AHL if the team that drafted them feel that is appropriate for their continued development.

14 hours ago, R3aL said:

I don’t remember the last time

we drafted a kid who went straight to the ahl and impressed early let alone a second round pick this is amazing. Already a win even if he busts I don’t care. Feels like a win today 

You forgot Bo Horvat?

• Wat 1

5 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Danila at a young age, told his father he wanted to play in the NHL.  His father thought it was a childish comment but read and train his son to be the best he can be.  This young man who hates to lose will be a Canuck soon.  Our OV.

I remember seeing OV for the first time and what stood out was how fast and accurate his puck handling skills were, the fast part in particular, is something they have in common to a certain degree. Then seeing what his shot can do and only get better as he develops and matures with good coaching, mentorship and practice that can do wonders but a pretty good show so far.