The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

2 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A dangerous thing to say looking back. What's to stop CGY from offering 12M just to handcuff the Nux

Anything over 10.2M and I think they should just let him go

Edited by Sweathog
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Gotta be a fair deal.  Petey has been good, but if he's looking for superstar money he hasn't earned that and it's still on the fence whether he'll be that player or not.

Teams started to figure him out 

.927 ppg in the regular season

1.05 ppg in the post season

He's a superstar.

Just now, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A dangerous thing to say looking back. What's to stop CGY from offering 12M just to handcuff the Nux

True, but I think it's hilarious if Vancouver decides to walk away. CGY is gonna be so screwed, cap wise, plus the future. Given the fact that CGY is already in a dangerous spot, it's not unrealistic to think they'll be bottom feeders in the next few years.

The compensation that CGY has to cough up will be AMAZING.

image.thumb.png.ab2d55551ce70c8bdedcd7ea98f64f32.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

They should be.  After the buyouts, garland, oel, needing a new back up, another rhd and possibly still a bottom 6 body with Highest etc needing extensions that could be a serious issue.

I'd be willing to bet a number of GMs are doing the math on that right now and rightfully so.  A good GM will look at their options and Petey could be a coup for any of them

Stop being negative 

Petey is loyal and will stay

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If someone offers Petersson $9+ million right now can they match it?  Is he worth it?  

Offersheet compensation would be 2 x 1st (within 3 yrs), 2nd, and 3rd.  Only 13 teams can do that (MTL included).  Maybe MTL does us a favor and only does the minimum of $8.2M x 7yrs (like they for Aho).  I can live with that price.

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

Nope on the match or nope on the worth?

Nope on the worth, not even close, imo.  He is, essentially, a scoring winger who has had one excellent year and levelled off.   Teams have started to figure out how to stop him and have been pretty effective at it.

Signing him to that kind of money kills any chance the team has at truly contending.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Nope on the worth, not even close, imo.  He is, essentially, a scoring winger who has had one excellent year and levelled off.   Teams have started to figure out how to stop him and have been pretty effective at it.

Signing him to that kind of money kills any chance the team has at truly contending.

On a serious note, you are dead wrong.

If you changed Pettersson to Hughes and used this phrasing, I would agree with you.

But EP is a superstar who dominates the game when he’s on the ice on both ends.