The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jake Virtanen signs with HC Spartak Moscow (KHL)

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m watching Jake play his first game was in Russia right now.  He’s HUGE!  He can barely move.  KHL contracts aren’t guaranteed, so I wouldn’t be too surprised if Jake (and his round body) is sent packing.  He’s got to be near 300 pounds.  

I saw him at a skate here in Kelowna  about three weeks ago. He looked out of shape. He's fighting for his pro career, and he's out of shape. Good grief, tells you all you need to know right there.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I saw him at a skate here in Kelowna  about three weeks ago. He looked out of shape. He's fighting for his pro career, and he's out of shape. Good grief, tells you all you need to know right there.

Jake is the classic example of ‘never draft stupid’.  

• Cheers 2

On 9/25/2021 at 2:57 AM, iinatcc said:

Yep and until he proves otherwise this is still a huge problem 

I've been thinking about Petey and Hughes. Do you think those guys have confidence that Benning is the right guy to bring this team forward? 

A part of me feels that maybe they don't think he's the guy leading this franchise moving forward....

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I've been thinking about Petey and Hughes. Do you think those guys have confidence that Benning is the right guy to bring this team forward? 

A part of me feels that maybe they don't think he's the guy leading this franchise moving forward....

e44981ade1f8dad6707036012f095591.jpeg

Anti-Benning drivel. It becomes more and more clear that people have this hate for someone and will only find 'evidence' to prove that hate. :lol:

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

e44981ade1f8dad6707036012f095591.jpeg

Anti-Benning drivel. It becomes more and more clear that people have this hate for someone and will only find 'evidence' to prove that hate. :lol:

LOL. I'm not saying that I hate Benning. I'm just asking if the players have confidence in him, especially with Petey and Hughes. 

Miami Vice Deal With It GIF

• RoughGame 2

15 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Didn’t the Leafs sign him?

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Is Hutton even in the league? 

Hutton played for the Leafs last season but is unsigned as of this writing.  Hutton is another guy that could have and should have been a very strong 3rd pairing guy that could temporarily fill in on a 2nd pairing. 

Enjoy the Roxy Hutton.  You have all the time in the world now.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lol, Jake has 3 goals in 5 games. Guess the Russian life is to his liking so far. 

More like just fitting in with the other washed up NHLers and never weres like Shirokov, Khoklachev, and Lehtera.

Oh and looks like he’s playing with Petey’s brother.

Next stop the Spengler Cup with the other recent Canucks castoffs!

• Haha 3

On 9/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, Patel Bure said:

Hutton played for the Leafs last season but is unsigned as of this writing.  Hutton is another guy that could have and should have been a very strong 3rd pairing guy that could temporarily fill in on a 2nd pairing. 

Enjoy the Roxy Hutton.  You have all the time in the world now.

I’d take Hutton back at a fair price. I like the positive attitude at all cost. 

“At all cost” wins Cups. 

The greats have the “at all cost” attitude. 

Horvat has that. Miller too. Hughes may have it. Pettersson has it.

When you have enough of those on the team, the team wins Cups.

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

More like just fitting in with the other washed up NHLers and never weres like Shirokov, Khoklachev, and Lehtera.

Just goes to show the caliber of hockey and the conditioning expectations over there. Gotta say though, I love and watch the Spengler every year. Jakes peed me off, but would like to see the dufas playing there. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Isn't the Spengler cup pretty prestigious though? It's one of the oldest Hockey trophies in ever

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

I’d take Hutton back at a fair price. I like the positive attitude at all cost. 

“At all cost” wins Cups. 

The greats have the “at all cost” attitude. 

Horvat has that. Miller too. Hughes may have it. Pettersson has it.

When you have enough of those on the team, the team wins Cups.

Positive can be a good attribute, but you need mean determination to win a cup, and I don't see that in him. He's a little too much of a jokester to be a winner, similar to Nate Schmidt. 

• Vintage 1