The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Erik Gudbranson

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

While I imagine when he shows up to play he will will make the Flames harder to play against, he really brings little to the table as far as skill is concerned. When he was trying to cycle the puck, the play usually died on his stick. It's infuriating to watch.

And for 2m? 

Poolman isn't looking so bad after all...

Heck, Schenn is looking fantastic at this point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Well he definitely wasnt ever a skill guy and as for the compete level, what are you talking about? The guy played a really hard game. He missed 82 games in his first 2 seasons…. Thats an entire season worth of injuries in 2 years. He wasnt healthy. Its too bad every player we ever acquire gets injured in their first bloody season. But I like this signing for the Phlegms and kinda hate it for us. I dont want want that monster near our top 6 players. He throws some mean hits

There’s truth here. 
I hate having the smaller, weaker team. And Calgary could goon the heck out of the Canucks right now. There’s not much value in having skilled guys when they get riddled with injuries, as our team might against some teams.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Heck, Schenn is looking fantastic at this point. 

Even if Schenn was at $2 million he'd *STILL* be looking better than that stiff.  Why?  Because he was signed as a free agent this time.  Cost us nothing.  We gave up on a 3C & a 2nd round pick to acquire Gudbranson.

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

Well he definitely wasnt ever a skill guy and as for the compete level, what are you talking about? The guy played a really hard game. He missed 82 games in his first 2 seasons…. Thats an entire season worth of injuries in 2 years. He wasnt healthy. Its too bad every player we ever acquire gets injured in their first bloody season. But I like this signing for the Phlegms and kinda hate it for us. I dont want want that monster near our top 6 players. He throws some mean hits

He was a pylon. Teams skated around him with ease. His skating was as slow as his brain. He can hit. Great. Keep your head up and skate faster than him. 

If you saw him play a “hard game”, that was very infrequent. Don’t get me wrong, I was very excited when he first came. Big disappointment for a big guy.

• Cheers 2