The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which SWEDISH player in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Which SWEDISH player in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I pick Hank (I know Petey will probably surpass him when it comes to points/ game and maybe points when all is said and done) but Hank has proved he's not just a playmaker but can score on his own also, though his passing definitely makes those around him better (whether or not they're named Daniel).  Petey's got the talent and edge to do well in the playoffs but Hank isn't soft either, so I'll pick him to lead the troops as an all-round #1 C who helps those around him.

• Upvote 1

Prior to eye injury, Ohlund

After eye injury, Henrik Sedin

Perfect defensive partner for Hughes.  Had to respect his shot from the point, so opposition couldn’t cheat on guarding Hughes (Ohlund had 4 seasons where he scored 10 or more goals).  Plus, in his prime, he was able to go toe-to-toe against Iginla in his prime.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

This was tough.   I took Naslund because for three years he was one of the best players in the world, and the only Canuck to make the first all-star team 3 times (all in a row), in the deepest part of the dead puck era.   Hank and Daniel peak lasted one, maybe two years.     Best Swede all-time is Hank.  No doubt about that.   Our only Hart winner.   It truly is too bad, the Sedins didn't peak earlier or man even with Cloutier in net we'd have a cup or two. 

• Upvote 1