The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers Oct 7th 6 PM

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

37 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I just loved how green has such little trust in AHLberta, He had to throw a mask on. Van, Abby,Seattle... Nah.. Edmondump. Without a doubt lol

I'm not sure if there are exemptions for the arenas, but masks are once again mandatory in alberta. 

I would just like to point out the reaction of Oilers fans following the Kassian/MacEwan tilt to all those people on here who inexplicably think only Canucks fans act like lunatics online as yet another example to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I would just like to point out the reaction of Oilers fans following the Kassian/MacEwan tilt to all those people on here who inexplicably think only Canucks fans act like lunatics online as yet another example to the contrary.

Well, in their defense, Oiler fans are stuck living in the s**t hole that is Stinkmonton.

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Honestly the 4th line is up for grabs, so many guys could be in that spot on our team. 

Heard reports that Hamonic is on his way back to Vancouver now too. I was reading it somewhere else in CDC today. Not sure if it's true or not?

That woud be amazing if Hammer is on his way back.

I think our D will surprise a lot of ppl this year

I feel it's a really strong group

15 minutes ago, McBackup said:

they seem to be under the impression that Mac took off Kassians helmet and slammed his head into the ice on purpose :blink:

I completely blame Smith and his childish temper tantrums for what happens to Kassian. If Smith just stayed in his crease without acting like a petulant child and attacking MacEwen, Kassian wouldn't have felt obligated to try and defend his goalie's "honor" and scrap with 4 min left in the game.

In any league I would be embarrassed to have a guy like Smith as my goalie.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Chaisson is a 'now' player and Gadj was more a work in progress. Chaisson beats Gadj out in the short term and that is why JB tried to send him down. Look to the depth chart to see if there is another Gadj coming or not. 

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'd say Podkolzin. He's still learning but I bet that he is next in line for that role. As for the farm, no other guys that are our prospects really fit that bill other that Podz.

Maybe McDonough? He is a big guy who is a good skater, scorer and sticks up for his team mates.

We will likely see him some time the end of this season as a Canuck.

Edited by GarthButcher5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

McWhiner and Granny Smith sure put on a pre-season acting class last night. I thought Smith might call for a stretcher just for the added drama.

I thought Smith was out cold but then he popped up like nothing happened at all.....

Pretty sad display for Canadian hockey players to act like this

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

I thought Smith was out cold but then he popped up like nothing happened at all.....

Pretty sad display for Canadian hockey players to act like this

he's always been a floppy whiner / faker, its his thing.

McBaby is just as bad, he acts like he's the only F in the league that gets a hard time from anyone. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

McBaby is just as bad, he acts like he's the only F in the league that gets a hard time from anyone. 

So is most of their core.  Smith, McDiver, and Nurse are all disgraces to the sport with how frequently they flop.  Would love to see someone give any of those cowards a real injury.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JM_ said:

Ya, I used to think Crosby was bad but compared to McFlopper there is no comparison at all. 

They really should get a handle on this in Edmonton because this can taint the legacy of a superstar player very quickly.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

This is the calmest I've ever seen cdc after a loss

Taking it with a grain of salt. Canucks played to the end with a great game from their backup goalie and only about half of their starters dressed against the full Oiler squad and only lost by one. 

Kind of like the Canada/Mexico soccer match yesterday, this is as good as a win all things considered

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No argument here, he's a beauty.  But, to be a full time NHL player, you need to be more than a one trick pony.  Also, as you point out, he dishes it, but he takes a lot of hard hits too and he's already had shoulder issues I believe

If you are talking Lockwood I agree. Kids a beaut. I hope the coaching staff teach him to pick his spots a bit more. His body may fail if he hits at everything in site. It's a marathon. 

• Like 1