The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

5 hours ago, RWJC said:

And in our division…durable.

People always wonder about “Canuck luck” with injuries.  I think it’s not just bad luck, it’s wear and tear of playing against a more physically demanding hockey in the Pacific. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s just my impression 

I find the East kind of boring tbh. 

The west is faster and a common theme I've noticed is the amount of blocked shots over here. I know boring often wins but the games tonight were night and day to watch.

Not sold at all on Vegas running away with the Pacific, Lehner<MAF and aside from their top line they are nothing special but that line can shutdown anyone IMO and their defense is really solid. Love Mcnabb and Petro, they play D the right way. Theo and Alec are no slouches either.

Everyone is so quick to point out our flaws but the flat cap has lead to every team weak in certain areas.

None more then the Avs, they have a great top line and dcore but the forwards especially the bottom six look a lot weaker then last season.

They are screwed if Kemp gets hurt and are already without Makar (made of glass Salo) and Toews.

The Jets should be the team to beat in the central.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Loved how an undermanned team in Pittsburgh dismantled the Stanley Cup Champs and severely outgunned Seattle team took Vegas to the very end in game 1 of the season.

Work ethic, will, and heart is what wins the games. I feel this season the Canucks have to get back to that identity that they were in 2019/2020 where they worked the hell out of the opposition. Find a way to win, doesn't matter how you do it, just find a way. 

That winning mentality at all costs needs to start in game 1 against a lethal Oilers team.

Absolutely! One of the things I've always told the teams I've coached is that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. 

Goes to show with hard work, the right coaching and proper systems built around the strengths of who's available can keep teams right in the game and produce results. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Truer words have never been spoken.

No Hamonic hurts but I thought our D was fine for the most part and looked a hell of a lot better than last season. I think the offense as struggled but a lot of variables contributed and I'm not worried to much but our pk needs to be much better and Demko needs to come out strong. Back to back year's he struggled early but clean slate starting in 18 hours.

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Loved how an undermanned team in Pittsburgh dismantled the Stanley Cup Champs and severely outgunned Seattle team took Vegas to the very end in game 1 of the season.

Work ethic, will, and heart is what wins the games. I feel this season the Canucks have to get back to that identity that they were in 2019/2020 where they worked the hell out of the opposition. Find a way to win, doesn't matter how you do it, just find a way. 

That winning mentality at all costs needs to start in game 1 against a lethal Oilers team.

19/20 team was all goaltending. 

15 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but looking at our lineup for tomorrow’s game there is such a gaping hole in it without Brock. It’s amazing how important a player he has become for us. When he’s on, I think it could be argued he’s our 2nd best forward. 3rd at very worst I would say.

And…just heard that Thomas Drance is going to have a daily show on 650. @FaninMex must be doing cartwheels right now. ::D

1 dimensional softie brock our 2nd best forward?  Your joking right? 

• Wat 2
  • RoughGame 7

6 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The take you facepalmed is the stuff that drives me nuts.

Saying that 10 games in if the team is sucking sure, but to say it before game one is just being negative without any real context and is such a gotcha thing.

Gotcha

You missed the context completely 

Game ON.  Time to see what these guys can do ... despite everything still cautiously optimistic about this core and season.    This six games won't define much but sure hope they can start off on the right foot!  Go Canucks Go.  Gino! Shoot the puck!  And other stuff i used to/do say live games lol.   Shoot the puck!