The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

if we lose tonight to detroit it's pretty embarassing without larkin back to back or not.. especially if scoreline remains

Yah the second half of that period we were dominated.  Let’s hope that we can come out with a bit more energy in the third

Literally every single cross seam pass gets through when we are on the PK. Meanwhile, on our PP, the cross seam pass is never attempted because when it is attempted, it always gets deflected, like a competent PK does.

A competent PK also doesn't literally just give up shots from the slot on both sides, you know, you're supposed to defend them. The only thing our PK seems to prevent is a shot from the point. Because a shot from the point is so much more dangerous than giving skilled shooters a clean look over and over again from the slot. 

Like seriously. On our PP, any time the puck dares to go near Petey, there's a PKer within his range instantly. Opposing PKs don't randomly give our best players all the time and space in the world like our PK does. Imagine our PK vs our PP. Petey would score 100 goals, because the PK allows the shots, because for some reason we run this ungodly formation where the slot on both the near and far side are always wide open. 

It just doesn't make sense. At all. Our PK constantly relies on the goalie to be able to save clear looks from the slot. It's just awful. It makes zero sense. 

Edited by dKs89
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am so frustrated that our team is not elite by now. Aren’t we supposed to be elite? Aren’t we supposed to be at least better than Detroit? It just doesn’t feel like a team where you think you can win every night and at this point it should be. It is soo tiring to play for ties and shootouts. Dominate a team and win in regulation. So many other teams do it. Why is it so hard for this team?

This probably sounds like an excuse.  But I find checking at an airport, waiting in the terminal, flying, and checking into a new hotel can be very tiring.  It's okay coming back home to your own bed though. Imagine having to repeat and rinse. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

I haven't noticed it tonight, but I have noticed it previously. it seems to be different coloured advertising on the ring style video screens between the upper and lower decks. 

Yeah, something like that. Keeps alternating between a white, blueish and then redish hue. Especially noticeable when playing north south in the zones. If it's irritating to watch, I wonder how the players on the ice feel about it. Probably quite the annoyance.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am so frustrated that our team is not elite by now. Aren’t we supposed to be elite? Aren’t we supposed to be at least better than Detroit? It just doesn’t feel like a team where you think you can win every night and at this point it should be. It is soo tiring to play for ties and shootouts. Dominate a team and win in regulation. So many other teams do it. Why is it so hard for this team?

Um only 3rd game of the season , let’s see later on 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hopefully now people realize that good PK is every bit as important as a good PP. 

Our PK doesn't look nearly as good with Motte and Sutter out of the lineup.  

PS. I love Garland's feistiness. Need more of that, the rest of the team needs more smelling salts. 

We should pick up Derek Grant off waivers. Excellent on the faceoff dot and very good PKer. Way better bottom 6 player than Dowling. 4th line when Motte is back:

Motte Grant Lammikko

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, camaro ss said:

I’m done the biased reffing has turned me to another sport.

Go to MLB. Most of the stupid in the umpires is concentrated into Angel Hernandez.

regards,  G.