The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Can’t even call them teams bottom feeders when we are below them. 

our team is not suppose to be a bottom feeder but the coaching makes us one. A team with 7 top 6, Hughes, OEL and Demko aa the goalie shouldnt be losing to mediocre teams.

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Man I hope Benning doesn’t trade our first rounder this year. 

Only move Benning has left is to fire Green otherwise he’s getting the axe.

There are no half measures if you wanna win. He should have let Baumgartner go last season and if Green wanted to keep him he should have been let go too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I know its early, I understand sometimes, especially with a bunch of new players, it takes time to gel but this really looks like a coaching problem. Team looks confused, lack of focus, positioning and blah special teams. I have a feeling Greens days are numbered and JB has no choice in the matter. Its sad because I like Green but we don't have time to wait for us to be in a hole this season or JB may loose his job as well.

Tanner Pearson just standing there letting the guy kill the rest of the clock says it all. You never stop competing 110% until the game is over no matter what the score is. Knowing this franchise they’ll probably reward a play like that with more ice time and a contract extension 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I dunno, I'm firmly convinced we'll be mediocre at best until the coaching staff is changed 

I'd welcome a coaching change with open arms, but Canucks just had an off night. I wouldn't read too much into this loss. If it becomes a regular thing, then it's time to freak out, but the consolation prize is that Green will probably be gone if it becomes a regular thing

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Problem is Canucks always have their players on the damn perimeter even on a 6 on 5. All their startegies are losing strategies lol. Its not the players, its the system. Just terrible and dont tell me Buffalo is an elite team:lol:

From the looks of it, we have no system.