The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators | Nov 5, 2021 7 PM PDT | Special Teams Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I've been working on a few plays. 

I sent them into the head office. 

Let's see if they use them tonight. 

Screenshot_20211104_042146.jpg

Is that the drop pass being deployed when the other team is giving them a free entry?

Cause they’ll never suspect that!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

To each their own, I think they are awesome. Its what makes the world so exciting different eyes for beauty. 

As a one night 'special event' jersey, I think they look pretty neat. As a regular Jersey... Probably not :lol:

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

I'm still not sure what the Canucks' identity is. I like their fast skilled play but often it's sprinkled between long segments of predictable static and soft play. Perhaps that's Green's weapon. Keep them guessing and pounce if they over adjust. The rhetoric of being hard to play against has not crystallized into reality. Unfortunately other teams are likely to favour playing the nucks with their back-up goalie. 

Identity by 20GP is my hope.

GCG  

When the bottom 6 are fiiiinally heathy, the original plan going back 2-3 years will be in place, imho.

run n gun top 6

shut down energy checking bottom 6. 
No distinct 1st or 2nd, or 3rd and 4th.

identity should equate to a team

that can effectively run up the score when they are on, and wear down shut down opposition O using speed and aggressive positioning. 

When the F group is balanced out this way, it’ll make it easier on the D pairings to accommodate a more focused system.

plus scorpion Demko to inspire confidence. 

right now you have offensive forwards playing a 2 way game (eg. Dump and chase to ensure F coverage on a turnover) to compensate and cover the spread for a required (?) defensive system due to key bottom 6 defensive players being out. This is messing with instinct and the reason why play is disjointed so often. Even the D are having to compensate for what the F is being instructed to do and it’s resulting in everyone underperforming to a degree.

cant open up the tap on the top 6 yet because don’t want to risk overusing current bottom 6, potentially exposing/overusing D and Demko further. Can’t afford any more injuries.

it’s attrition for now.

If we can get heathy on the bottom 6 and remain that way, we will have a very strong 1-2 punch and counterpunch with our F, more consistency and stability on D, and an amazing weapon in G.

Just have to try and be patient, which is asking a lot, but it will come.

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Ugh.  Just found out one of my favourite teacher at the school is....a Preds fan.  AND he's going to the game tonight to cheer for the other guys.

Now I have to hate him.

Shove him in a locker next time you see him at the school. Don't let him out until he says Go Canucks Go! 10 times. Then give him a wedgie. Atomic preferred. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Ugh.  Just found out one of my favourite teachers at the school is....a Preds fan.  AND he's going to the game tonight to cheer for the other guys.

Now I have to hate him.

Yeah, I've had co-workers root for other teams other than the Canucks.  Like the Bruins, Blackhawks, and Penguins. Oh my...  I even got a message once on my phone while at a Canucks game vs the Bruins to remind me what the score was.  I already knew what the score was... And a reminder on that Monday how the game was... The co-worker could not wait until I was in and others told me that he kept asking - is "Brilac" here yet..?!  Obviously this was before the pandemic when I went to Canucks games. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

wait why do the sedins have a lot to do with OELs play?!

Some kind of swedish power up from being around other swedish people?

I remember hearing in SN650 where the Sedins had vouch for him.

Sedin are good character people and good chance, they were ask to talk to OEL; to perhaps get more context about his situation in Arizona.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

To each their own, I think they are awesome. Its what makes the world so exciting different eyes for beauty. 

Maybe I just did too much Paisley in high school. It's not good for developing brains. Should wait till you're at least early 20's.

No wait, that was pot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2