The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Boeser is a scoring version of eberle.

Nothing more.

Good complimentary piece.  But not the end all be all

Strikes me as pretty on the money. Eberle is a nice piece to have in your top six but I wouldn't call him a gamebreaker. He's not spectacular but he's consistently gotten his points throughout his career. 

Seven 20 goals seasons, four 25+ goal seasons, one 30+ goal season. Never fewer than 16 goals in a season thus far. 

Edited by Coconuts

44 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

The exact opposite is true. Boeser does extremely well in puck battles. 

You are wrong. His puck battle skill is dismal compared to Tyler Motte, Quinn Hughes, J.T. Miller.....etc . Boeser's effort is quite good. He wants to win puck battles. However his stick works are not quick enough to win battles in tight on a consistent basis. Boeser is not particularly good at down low cycling for this very reason even though he needs to be better down low because he is not speedy enough to play a north - south game. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

my point being, he had severalseason where he was on pace for that over 82 games, but he never actually got there.  No one calls him a 20 goal scorer because he never scored 20 goals.  Boeser isn't a 30 goal guy because he's never scored 30 goals in a season.

That's ridiculous.  Do you actually think he couldn't have scored 1g in 19 games in '17, or 4g in 12 games in '18

or 7g in 26 games in '20?

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

You are wrong. His puck battle skill is dismal compared to Tyler Motte, Quinn Hughes, J.T. Miller.....etc . Boeser's effort is quite good. He wants to win puck battles. However his stick works are not quick enough to win battles in tight on a consistent basis. Boeser is not particularly good at down low cycling for this very reason even though he needs to be better down low because he is not speedy enough to play a north - south game. 

Boeser’s puck battle win percentage is quite high. Like top 15 in the league last season high. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Boeser’s puck battle win percentage is quite high. Like top 15 in the league last season high. 

He's also got a lot of physical strength and is able to push other players off the puck.  If he was a faster skater, he would be so much better though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Only real knock on boeser as a top player atleast for me is his speed. i like his compete his puck retrieval and his strength when he goes to the net. 

but then Again the sedins were never fast they learned how and who to play with to compensate.

shocked with how many people are ready to give up on really good young players who’ve had a turd for a coach and are still figuring out how to adapt to the game. 
persinally I think it would be a mistake to trade Brock 

unless he set on getting 7.5 mill on a one year deal 

when can they start talking  contract extensions with him? 

Garland for top line at only 5 mill

Pods, Hogz can fight it out for line 2 perhaps(ELC dudes)

Lockwood, Bailey, Highmore(& others) can battle for the bottom 2 lines - on the cheap. Now we can dedicate some of the RW, committed-cap expense towards the blueline.

All these names^ can SKATE!

In a couple yrs some of these bargains will demand bridge deals/raises..best look ahead.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Strikes me as pretty on the money. Eberle is a nice piece to have in your top six but I wouldn't call him a gamebreaker. He's not spectacular but he's consistently gotten his points throughout his career. 

Seven 20 goals seasons, four 25+ goal seasons, one 30+ goal season. Never fewer than 16 goals in a season thus far. 

Boeser is the EXACT type of player you sell high on.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

depends on how you define passenger I guess.  I don't think he'slazy or unmotivated, he's just not a guy who drives the play.......he's a guy who picks his spots well and often makes good on opportunities. It's not an insult, many players have made great careers doing just that, Mike Bossy most notably.

Mike Cammaleri.

That's who I've been thinking of.

Boeser reminds me of Mike Camo-Larry

4 hours ago, Maddogy said:

No, you are wrong.  
One of the good things about Boeser’s game is his board play and ability to win those battle much more often than not.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hardly an all star.  Eberle also, not exactly an all star.  Look at their scoring, career paths at this current stage/age.

They're very very similar.  Same skating style, same kind of winger.

Boeser just pots more goals.

sarcasm, not a fan eh? I was more mocking the fact that Eberle got picked for this year’s All Star Game. But I can see the confusion…

10 hours ago, Maddogy said:

Ngl, it really pains me to read bad takes about Boeser. But these same guys give other players a pass. Boeser battles hard, his only real knock is his speed. I get not liking his skating but people then act like he is terrible at everything else when it's flat out not true. He is very good along the boards cause he is strong and can move other bodies. There are numerous times I see him cause a turnover by being a forecheck threat but not get an assist off of it.

And Quinn Hughes? Really? He's better at battling in tight? Guy throws his body in front of other players, great positioning for his size. But he doesn't win those battles cause he'll get chucked outta the way or at best he and the guy he's checking fall over. The Boeser disrespect has got to stop.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Maddogy said:

How many times have you seen Boeser lose body position while battling for puck possession? It seems to happen enough that it is noticeable. He is playing better in front of opposing nets than last year.