The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At what point do the players give up on the franchise?

Rate this topic

danjr

Losing season after season, without a sniff of the playoffs.  With seasons getting worse and worse, when forward progress is expected.
So many previous franchise had players wanting out en masse.  How long is it until our players absolutely give in with the management and coaches.  Seeing that they could care less about the state of the team.  You can see player frustrations.  Some of it started with themselves.  Now they see it as a team wide thing, no one is helping anyone else to be put in a position to succeed.  Garbage line combinations, line blender, pathetic strategies, or lack thereof.
When do the players start to check out and absolutely sour on our team and never want to play here again?

In all my years of following this franchise, I have never seen it so demoralized from the top to the bottom, and the fans just done.

Edited by danjr
typo's
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Benning should be fired after this season. He has put this team back in the rebuild with his bad moves from not signing Tanev and Toffoli, to re signing coaches and players like pearson. Benning didnt re-sign the right players and signed the wrong players in Dickenson, Poolman, Pearson etc.

41 minutes ago, danjr said:

Losing season after season, without a sniff of the playoffs.  With seasons getting worse and worse, when forward progress is expected.
So many previous franchise had players wanting out en masse.  How long is it until our players absolutely give in with the management and coaches.  Seeing that they could care less about the state of the team.  You can see player frustrations.  Some of it started with themselves.  Now they see it as a team wide thing, no one is helping anyone else to be put in a position to succeed.  Garbage line combinations, line blender, pathetic strategies, or lack thereof.
When do the players start to check out and absolutely sour on our team and never want to play here again?

In all my years of following this franchise, I have never seen it so demoralized from the top to the bottom, and the fans just done.

You NEVER give up on the franchise.  The day you give up on the franchise, you shut off the TV and find a new hobby. 

Now, the owners in charge however, can change the strategy.      

In the Canucks' case, both Horvat and Miller should be traded immediately so that......

1) We can acquire elite prospects (Braden Schneider and Anton Lundell come to mind for me, but there are obviously many others out there).

2) We can tank this season and land Shane Wright, Conor Geekie, or whomever.

3) We can replace both Benning and Green. Julien/Budreau/Babcock replaces Green + maybe Mike Gillis is rehired as GM.

4) On July 1st 2022, UFA's will look at our team and see it as a team with an extremely bright future built on a new foundation. 

ps - If any player gives up on the franchise, you ship him or "her" out immediately.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, danjr said:

The Oilers somehow managed to ice a hockey team all these years. And somehow McDavid reported to the team. Players cant just walk away.

2 hours ago, danjr said:

I think a lot are just going through the motions right now, at this point but m disgusted with all the players as they shouldn’t be this bad. If coaching is their issue why doesn’t someone step up and talk to the media about it, if it’s a locker room issue then bring it out in the open.... somebody do something !

• Like 1