The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

If he doesn't like the coach, he needs to find it within himself to at least look like an NHL player. If you're upset or disagree with the coach and you play like that, you're not a professional hockey player.

It's not that he's not trying, it's that he has absolutely zero confidence in himself right now.  A coach as bad as Green is a cancer in the room for this very reason; he is causing permanent damage with his lack of professionalism and gross incompetence.  For the good of our young core, Green needs to be removed by any means necessary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We all know that most of these players are skilled and demonstrated themselves as high level.

As I mentioned earlier, this team is poorly coached and led. 

If I was the GM. I would fire the entire coaching staff and trade Bo. I would make Miller captain and consider trading Petey.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't believe how much of a coincidence it is that all the top 6 guys have somehow managed to regress, have no idea how to play a system, forgot how to protect the puck, forecheck and hit.... All at the same time... There simply cannot be another explanation right? It's just coincidence right?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's not that he's not trying, it's that he has absolutely zero confidence in himself right now.  A coach as bad as Green is a cancer in the room for this very reason; he is causing permanent damage with his lack of professionalism and gross incompetence.  For the good of our young core, Green needs to be removed by any means necessary.

I don't disagree that Green needs to go. But I'm not giving Petey a pass either. This is on everyone in this organization. (Except Demko/Clark)

• Vintage 1

Perhaps, when we played above expectations in the bubble era, it wasn’t due to coaching. It takes time to set up systems even if they’re useless. That bubble gave the players an excuse not to listen to absurd coaching and instead do their own thing. Green just rode that momentum. Fire green and tell Shaw to let the players play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

The players do not get a free pass. Regardless of the systems, or lack thereof, the players are losing just about every 1-on-1 battle regardless of where it is on the ice. It's not systems that have made Pettersson absolutely unable to pass a single defender. I'm not defending the systems either. It's crap on top of crap. No excuses for the players.

Not giving a free pass to them, just stating that when you're working in a toxic environment and one who has created this system with zero apparent support it's hard to rag on the players. The only exception is Pettersson who just seems to have given up.

I mean Horvats great goal was an example of just doing it himself, in frustration without the system.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Main issue with him is similar to Podkolzin with his contract length.  Decent chance he falls a few spots due to that, which would be awesome for us.

Nemec would look good on the Canucks. He is the #1D in this draft. A RD that will become a two-way workhorse. He was playing for Slovakia on the Olympic qualifiers and helped secure them a spot at the Olympics.

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I said it before, he should've been fired after our first long homestand when the season could still be salvaged. Instead the preached "patience" as if Green hasnt been here for 5 years.. 

We've dug ourselves a huge hole that we wont be able to climb out of. Even a new management/coaching boost would screw us over a good draft pick. lose-lose situation all because the wouldn't fire Green early. 

Yip. I'm at the point, just keep Green, ride out the season, collect the pick, hire a veteran coach.

Just now, EmilyM said:

I don't disagree that Green needs to go. But I'm not giving Petey a pass either. This is on everyone in this organization. (Except Demko/Clark)

He's not doing great, but keep in mind this is his first real slump and his coach is an AHL bum with character issues who's more concerned about gifting icetime to his pet plugs than about trying to win hockey games.  Petey and the rest of the guys are being set up to fail by Green's continued employment.  I don't see the harm in seeing how Petey does under a head coach who is actually qualified to coach in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

Benning absolutely needs to go too, but right now the ire needs to be directed at Green. We're watching him destroy the talented players we have on our roster in real time. The damage he is doing cannot be overstated. 

Before we can cauterize the wound (fire Benning) we need to stop the bleeding (fire Green). 

• Like 1